Too much light? Or too little?

Roastbird

20190803_213747.jpg

So I started a small tank(20x8x8) 1 month ago. And last week I added some corals to the tank.

I was waiting my new reef light so I used my older freshwater light for the first few days(about 20% light compare to my current reef tank light)

Before I switched, my pulse coral tries to reach out the light every day(super long and hands towards the surface), and mushroom closed up most of time.

So yesterday I got my reef light. I stupidly turn the light to max output. And now my pulse is in a shock I believed. So I adjust light to 50% blue and 10%white. One of my mushrooms looked like this in the picture. Partially closed with wired shape.

I am using a hypargero led from amazon.

Light above the surface about 2.5 inches.

I have a mushrooms placed 1 inch below surface half close (my shrimps are picking on it everytime)
1 mushroom 2 inch below looks normal and filling opened.

The one in the picture about 4.5 inch below surface.

And a pulse at bottom still in shocked.

So is it normal for mushrooms to looked like this in the picture. Or my light too little or too strong?

DaveK

Your mushrooms have bleached. This is because you made a drastic change in the amount of light. What you need to do is to lower the light level to where the original fixture was. Then give the mushrooms time to recover. This can take awhile, like weeks. Then you can very slowly increase the amount of light until you get it to the point you want.

Roastbird

Your mushrooms have bleached. This is because you made a drastic change in the amount of light. What you need to do is to lower the light level to where the original fixture was. Then give the mushrooms time to recover. This can take awhile, like weeks. Then you can very slowly increase the amount of light until you get it to the point you want.
Oh the color looks the same compare to when I got it(phone exposure is terrible). But I was planning to start from original light tomorrow see if it can adjust back

DaveK

Note how white the mushrooms seem to look. This usually indicated bleaching. It's possible that it's an exposure issue, but it would have to be way off. Healthy mushrooms tend to look brown with the whatever other color they have overlaying that.

Roastbird

Note how white the mushrooms seem to look. This usually indicated bleaching. It's possible that it's an exposure issue, but it would have to be way off. Healthy mushrooms tend to look brown with the whatever other color they have overlaying that.
i see maybe it is bleached before I got it from lfs, it looks like a yellow color with some white.