"Tom's RSM 250"

tnwillia

Thanks all!

Hey Daniel, Rics & Zoas have always been my favorites. You'll have great luck with yours!

Hey Juan, I've been looking at the new S-series 650 RSM, I like what they've done, but, at the price, they've taken the "build up" fun out of it. I'm at the point now I want to build my next tank "the way I want it" (LOL) I don't really want a new tank to "stock and watch". If I got the new S-series the first thing I'd do would be gut the hood and replace the lights with LED's so why go there now. Everything I'm adding next month is planned to be worked into supporting up to a 250gal if I need it later. My 200 DD project was going to cost about 7K with everything I wanted in it. I figure I'd end up mod'ing the RSM just like I did the current tank and it would cost me more in the long run. I may change my mind once time comes to do it (LOL). Thanks again!

steved13

PREMIUM
:D :D :D

Tom, you and I are very alike in this respect...we like the build as much as any other part (probably more, but I hate to admit it).

It's nice to know I'm not the only inmate at the asylum. LOL!! I'm pretty sure Juan is here with us also.

Dweezil

Tom ~ The tank is looking great! The scolly looks like it's doing very well. What ever happened to the other one? Did it recover?

ViperDoug

Tom,
Nice tank! The Ricordeas are my favorite. I just got some beautiful Ricordeas for my tank. I have them in the lower flow and light section. What do you feed yours with and how often?

tnwillia

Thanks Ernesto!

Hey Tammy, the other Scoly died before the crash. I learned my lesson paying big bucks for coral with that one. I see them being sold now for a fraction of what I paid for him. I want another and will stay with the War paints or Candy apples. I'm waiting for SC Temps to go down before I start ordering Coral again. Thanks!

Hey Doug, I don't feed them, I have them setting under my MP-40 and they get fed in the undertow being pulled up to the Vortech. I've moved them all over the tank and being on the sand under or near under my Vortechs has worked well for them. Thanks!

tnwillia

Finally made up my mind, just ordered 2 Ecotech Radion's to replace my HQI/T5 hood on my RSM. Looking forward to jumping into the LED world & not having to buy bulbs LOL. I could have gotten 3 AI Sols for less but I really want that Wireless capability between the lights & pumps. Throwing a new APEX in this would have made the AI Sol buy much more. I'll look at it later in the year if my RKE doesn't do what I want for lighting. Pictures upon arrival!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sounds sweet Tom - congrats - look forward to seeing !!!
1085.gif

tnwillia

Thanks Glenn!

Hey John, I'll take it thru start to finish in pictures. Been reading a lot about these guys, they are fixing software problems as fast as they are reported and the software has already been upgraded at least once! The Ecotech web page has lots of info on the lights now. I'll be doing lots of system changes going on with this light rebuild. I'll be rebuilding my plumbing with a single pump and regulators for all the outputs both sump & DT once all the parts get here. Thanks!