Time to add some Fish

hodgefixer

I have a newly cycled 75 Gallon Aquarium, and I am ready to add my first real Fish. (Besides the 5 black Mollies used to cycle the tank)
Here is my wish list for this future FOWLR setup.

1 Royal Gramma
2 Percula or Occellaris clowns
1 Yellow Tang
1 Flame Angel
1 Manderian

1 Blood Shrimp
1 Cleaner Shrimp
3 Candy Shrimp

1 Long Spined Sea Urchin

Hermits and Snails maybe a Emerald Crab or two

What order do you think that list should be in? I know the Mandarian should be last. I'm planning on adding all of these over a course of a year or so. Any thoughts on Compatability or any thoughts in general will be appreciated. thanks

75 gal, Emperor 400, Aqua C Remora, 90 Lbs L. R. 50 lbs crushed coral.

Id say prob the snails, hermits ETC. first, I think the royal Gramma is the least aggressive , id say him first of the fish, and the clowns add together a couple of months later, im new too so i could b wrong.. im sure others will chime in..

wooddood

the wood dude
if your cycle is done and your water tests are in range i would add the snails first and then the fish. wait a while though on the yellow tang. if you add him first he will pick on every fish you put in the tank so let the other fish establish thier territory before adding the tang. good luck. the tank looks great by the way good job.:D [dave]

Spooda420

I agree with dave, add the clean up crew first wait a few weeks, then the shrimps, then the gramma, wait.... wait... the clowns, the angel then the tang, after you see alot of pods and critters the mandrin... like a year or so later. all the while testing the water and watching for aggressive tendecies.

hodgefixer

Thanks for the info, I'm going to take your guys advise and go sloooow. It took the tank 6 weeks to cycle and i have been dying to see something in the tank besides them mollies.
Im going to add the Royal Gramma today and then start to look for a good deal on cleanup crews. I got some web sites to check out from another members post on the matter.
I'm hesitant on the cleanup crew right now, it doesnt seem like I have enough algae for all those snails and Hermie's they reccomend for a 75 gallon tank. I only have the single 40 watt Flor. that came with the tank right now.

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Do you plan on leaving the black mollies in the tank or take them out! Along with the fish you want that to me seems quite a bio-load for the tank. Just curious!:)

EdgeKrusher

I agree with Montana on this. if you want to add all those fish, the mollies will have to go. When you add your Royal Gramm be patient. They tend to be very elusive for the first couple of weeks, but once they have their territory staked out you should see alot more of it, though they'll take off and hide in their cave of choice if startled.

hodgefixer

As long as my tests are good, I probably leave the 5 Mollies there. As soon as I see its a problem they will be the first to go. Believe it or not I kinda like the Mollies. There are personably and active. I will however have no trouble taking them out at the first sign of trouble.