The Revival of KLR's Red Sea Max 250!!!

K L R

I decided to move a lot of my non-glued down LPS out of the tank into a small tub for spot feeding this evening. While they were feeding, I looked at them under blue LEDs, the real reason for me taking them out of the tank for this special feeding event,hahaha.

Here are some pictures I took of some them.

Aussie Blue Reverse Prism by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

No Name by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

Unwrapped Mummy Eye by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

LE Miami Hurricane by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

WWC Pink Sapphire by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

LE Galactic Inferno by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

Cornbred's Mummy Eye by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

Cornbred's Viper Wilsoni by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

Fruit Bomb by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

K L R

Ricochet Mushroom by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

Green Cactus Pavona by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

The first two have colored up very nicely since day one after feeding them multiple times a week!

Tropical Watermelon by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

Superlative Mummy Eye by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

Inner Core by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

The forest green on this one looks almost bronze under blue LEDs only.

Alpine by KayRobsReef, on Flickr

If you are wondering where the name came from, take a look at an aerial picture of a ski resort.

reeferjoe

Wow, your tank is amazing!! I just started a 130D and I hope my tank can look like yours one day!

Would you mind going over your photography routine? Camera, lenses, accessories, lighting, etc... You have some great photos!!

K L R

Wow, your tank is amazing!! I just started a 130D and I hope my tank can look like yours one day!

Would you mind going over your photography routine? Camera, lenses, accessories, lighting, etc... You have some great photos!!

Thank you!

In general I switch between a Tamron 180mm Macro and a Canon 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 lense to accompany my Canon EOS 7D. I turn off all of the flow in the tank. For top down shots I start usually around Shutter-1/60 f/5.6 ISO-500 and move it around depending on if I need more or less light or focus. For through the glass shots I start around Shutter-1/50 f/4.0 ISO-300 and move it around depending on if I need more or less light or focus. After the photos are taken I open them in Photoshop RAW on my computer, make sure your camera is taking pictures in RAW format if you wish to pursue this route, and I balance the lighting and color there. I also adjust sharpness here. The final product is normally a very close to perfectly accurate representation of what I see to what it looks like digitally.