The Bluespot Club

SeahorseBT

I pick up the next member of the blue spot club tomorrow! The guy is meeting me 10 min from my work. He has three and has had them for three months. I wish I could get all three.

I am picking up some corals and getting him and maybe more corals from a diffenernt guy. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. Now the question is which tank to put him in...I am going to post a poll.

Expect pics tomorrow evening.

Basser1

Blake..... Looking at your sig, it looks like you have a 46 gallon seahorse tank and a 34 gallon reef tank. I don't think blue spots are good tank mates for seahorses.

SeahorseBT

They are good tankmates for seahorse actually, but things didn't work out with the seahorses. My female died mysteriously without any symptoms. The male is now in a friends tank.

SeahorseBT

The guy thought I meant I was going to meet him half way today not tomorrow so he's dropping it off sometime today. Stay tuned...

BarbMazz

Been awhile since I've posted pictures of Bam Bam. He's doing very well and is getting quite pudgy! He's a good eater! He's moving less, but having said that he just moved the other day. I had a feeling as he was starting to move about the tank... doing vertical swims and flaring his mouth at everyone as he went. Sure enough, after three days of that behavior he relocated to the right front corner of the tank. He dug up a good eight inches of sand before settling into a nice new burrow. Here are some shots of his pre-move behavior, and his new burrow build in progress.

Sept1808_021.jpg

Sept1808_023.jpg

Sept1808_055.jpg

Sept1808_057.jpg

Sept1808_072.jpg

Sept1808_071.jpg

Sept1808_067.jpg

Sept1808_066.jpg

Building his new digs

Sept2108_004.jpg

Sept2108_005.jpg

lcstorc

Great shots. Love the dentist shot. (Open wide)
I wonder what it means that Sunshine never moves. She has 3 or 4 dens in the same area and switches between them and re-models them but she has never even seen the other side of the tank,
Oh well, she seems happy enough to me.

Basser1

Lynn...... I guess Sunshine just likes where she is!

Barb...... Thanks for the pics, BamBam looks great! He does look a little "pudgy", especially in the second pic! I noticed Digger has a pot belly going on. What's that saying? "Eatin' good in the neighborhood"?

Lorraine..... Any updates on Mr. BJs' flashing Mrs. BJ???

bluespotjawfish

It's hard during the work week to really determine what is going on with these two. I leave early and get home late. BJ was closed up in his den for two days, and didn't even come out for food. Last night he greated me and asked for dinner. They haven't swapped dens recently as far as I know. They both seem very healthy and happy.

Lynn, these two have just the two dens that they use. Neither of them have seen the rest of my tank either. They are front and center, and I couldn't have asked them to pick a better viewing spot for me.

Basser1

Hey All BlueSpot Jawfish Owners.......... Check This Out!!!!

Tonight I was on RC and someone started a thread, "Will he choke?" Well, when I clicked on it I was totally shocked to see a pic of one of our beloved bluespots with a a tail of a firefish sticking out of its' mouth! Incredible!!!

Here's a link with pics:

Reef Central Online Community - Will he choke?

LSheldon

Oh boy! I have a purple firefish is QT right now. I hope he's not destined to be Cranky's next big meal!

That picture is awesome!