The 90 gallon Road Trip

Adam Black

I Think you have the nicest 90g I have ever seen! I'll start reading from the beginning of the thread but if I don't find what I'm looking for can you share your lighting setup with us along with other pieces of equipment you have to run this beautiful tank. Weekly/monthly chores?

aquaman3680

Thank you!

The 90 has two 400 watt halides with XM 20K bulbs. They are housed in LumenBright reflectors. For a skimmer I am running an Octopus Extreme 200. I have a 15 watt Current Gamma UV. For power heads I have one Tunze 6101 on a single controllwe and a Korallia Controllable PH's, with a 3 and a 4.

I have an ATO with a 20 gallon resivore. I have a Korallin Calcium reactor, and have a Kalk tub, 18 gallons, that is pH controlled by my RK2. When my pH gets below 8.25 it starts the kalk drip and when it gets above 8.3 it shuts off. Other than that it is pretty simple.

Matt

aquaman3680

Well for no reason tonight this piece, my chips acro up and bleached. I was able to salvage a few frags off of it, but I am not so hopeful that the frags will make it.

_DSC4247.jpg

It sucks because it had grown A LOT, heres a picture of it after I first got it.
DSC_0556.jpg

Matt

aquaman3680

No, no real cause as to a reason why.... My guess would be an alk swing, I had not dosed kalk in a couple days and started that morning. Maybe the Alk was too low. I know they are sensitive to large Alk swings.

Anyways, I traded a piece of a chalice I have for another piece of the chips to a local reefer!

Matt

Techno-Vicki

:drooool:
ditto!! I recently lost my chips that I had for about 2 years. My water quality went south when I lost a fish in the sump I did not realize. Lost a couple of other corals as well.

Your shots look awesome!! How have you been otherwise?
Vicki

aquaman3680

Thank you all for the compliments!

I figured I would show how far this tank has come with a side by side shot!

DSC_3490.jpg

D30_3128.jpg

Matt