Tavis, Your Expertize needed!

Michael_Lambert

Just playing with the camera.. And took this image.. Really liked it.. Noticed that i can go in to the image details on the camera and see the settings the camera was set when it was shot!

What im looking to see is.. What do these means.. And what can i change to make it better???

1/10 , F3.3 , CustomWB, ISO100,

Here is the image..
246Zoos_New_.jpg

Thanks
Michael.

ReefLady

Staff member
1/10 ,

The shutter speed. I take it you were using a tripod, or do not drink coffee. :)

F3.3

Aperture, the higher the number, the more depth of field (how much is in focus from nearest the camera to farthest) but the higher the aperture setting, the slower the shutter speed

, CustomWB,

Custom white balance, you must have set that. Looks pretty accurate to me.

ISO100,

The sensitivity of the sensor. The higher it goes, the faster the shutter speed but the more noise. Shoot at the lowest possible ISO setting without getting motion blur.

That is a really fantastic shot. If I were you, I wouldn't change a thing. Keep in mind for some shots you'll want more depth of field though. If that's the case, go to aperture priority mode and dial in a higher f-stop number. Have fun!

T

Michael_Lambert

As Always VERY much appreciated!!!

As for the image, No coffee for me.. lol, and no Tri-pod :) Not yet.. will as soon as i can afford one!

blue_eyes53813

Tooloud, That is a great shot... I have the Minolta Dimage 7i. I love it. It is so easy to use. I am still learning what the best shot or settings are. That was a very good question. Good Luck and keep the pictures coming. Im gonna compare my settings to yours, If you dont mind

dgasmd

No coffee?? What are you made of? You can't be a real man LOL.......... Not drinking coffee is a felony is some countries LOL.............

Very nice shot though.

big t

Looks like you have a pretty nice camera Michael, what is it? I have been considering getting a digital rebel, but it probably won't happen anytime soon.