Tank Topography

Basile

Hi just a question about your sand. Right now i have nothing in the tank i'm just restating my tank, in cycle, and with new pumps Tunzes. The flow of water is creating ridges and little mounts that i find kind of interesting to look at and actually tells me where the water flow is going and where a possible coral could go. Should change my pump positions to avoid these, and flatten the sand again, or is it ok to leave them?
Thanks for your time.

Tank 150 G 6' long X 24"X 21"
4 tunze powerheads 2 at each end.

mr_tap_water

Hi there
It's all down to personal choice really and if you like mounts then that's your choice and will do no harm whether it's flat or not also probably looks more natural to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sand is certainly not flat. I think it looks more natural that way and let the pumps push it wherever they like as long as it doesn't get too low.

Basile

My sand is certainly not flat. I think it looks more natural that way and let the pumps push it wherever they like as long as it doesn't get too low.

I agree this is my sand now.

IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7357.jpg

Sorry for the cloudy water i just added the salt yesterday i'm at the beginning if cycling.

IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7353.jpg

I can see a coral in every spot that the water disturb, perfect map on the sand lol.

IMG_7352.jpg

IMG_7354.jpg