Suicidal Anemones

proverbs308

I have had a bad bout of purchasing suicidal anemones. They keep climbing up into my Hydor power head and making me a batch of sushi. I don't want them to die. How do I protect them from themselves or do GBTA's just hate living?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Any anemone can/will "Walk" around the tank. Some people get GOOD luck and some people don't. It's always a gamble.

:)

Varga

wahts a hydro powerhead? if its like a MJ you need some Koralias, if its a koralia, then I guess they do just hate living :D :D

proverbs308

Yes it was a Koralia. I had two GBTAs and both some how managed to get into the Koralias. I thought these would be safe in fact I even cut up one of my nets and covered the power head with that and the second one still got in it. Any ideas? I would really like to have a anemone but they just kill themselves in my tank.

lcstorc

What is your lighting? I would try to figure out what there is about that spot that attracts them. My first guess would be they are trying to be near the light but that is a complete guess. There must be something about that space though or you wouldn't have lost 2 the same way.

Witfull

i lost a Ritteri clone to a power head when he went "walkabout". here is a lil trick,,,,aint to pretty but it works great.....

go to the grocery store and buy a basket of strawberries,,,,,,

eat strawberries,,,,,

wash basket,,,,

with a few dabs of superglue gel, glue basket around PH to the glass of the tank,,,,,

instant green grid of protection.

lcstorc

Once it gets covered with corraline it will look like it belongs there. Maybe some Zenia or GSB.

proverbs308

i lost a Ritteri clone to a power head when he went "walkabout". here is a lil trick,,,,aint to pretty but it works great.....

go to the grocery store and buy a basket of strawberries,,,,,,

eat strawberries,,,,,

wash basket,,,,

with a few dabs of superglue gel, glue basket around PH to the glass of the tank,,,,,

instant green grid of protection.

This peaks my interest. Do you have any pictures that you can share?