stichodactyla haddoni journal

Snoopy

Hi - just thought I'd document an attempted recovery of a little bleached red haddoni anenome I picked up a couple of weeks back. Apparently it was the sole surviving half of an attempted fragging. Would love any tips for getting the colour back? I'm told it was quite a solid red once.

First night home
20140322_194404_zps29zacpb5.jpg

Last week
20140403_210022_zpssl0dmhve.jpg

This week
20140414_164121_zpsqzmkap1a.jpg

Snoops

david42

Wow! Nice recovery so far. I have no experience with nems.
Just wondering why the attempted fragging? Thought they split themselves when ready.
Nice to see you nursing it back to health.

Snoopy

Wow! Nice recovery so far. I have no experience with nems.
Just wondering why the attempted fragging? Thought they split themselves when ready.
Nice to see you nursing it back to health.

Thanks but so far it's doing it by itself. I'm just feeding it and providing high light. I'm wondering if the original colour is likely to come back?

As to fragging them -

At $Au 1-2g over here they often get chopped. You have to know what your doing and have a bit of luck though.

Snoopy

Week 3
20140427_122735_zpsdaxzr2je.jpg

It's mouth is finally staying inside itself now and the red is slowly moving into the centre from the outside. Not sure what the green streak is doing.

Snoops

Snoopy

Week 4

The red is really coming back now and its looking very happy. Its well attached to the glass and is not showing any negative signs from another 2 haddoni additions. I cant capture the colour on my camera yet however under blue lights its showing signs of red- orange- green (rainbow like) and looks great.

20140505_095928_zpsjppep35q.jpg

Snoops

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Wicked job slowly nursing that beauty back into health :yup: it's going to be one stunning nem :D where abouts in Aus are you located??

Snoopy

Oops - missed a week
Week 7 I just love the red under the blue lights - its so much better in person too. It looks like its healed up now from being shocked.
20140520_223633_zpsckmaqss7.jpg