HELP! Steve’s LEDs HurricaneX controller settings

SysQ

Hey guys, any tips or suggestions on set up/settings for the HurricaneX controller. Had the LEDs in the tank for years but just upgraded controllers.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

Lighting and how to set it up is a much talked about subject on SW forums. The other factors are that every tank is different and every owner has their own ideas about what works best and looks best.

What I would do is start with lighting similar to what you had, and then slowly ramp it up or down to suit your tank.

If I were doing this from scratch, I'd initially everything to run about 75% of max during the day for about a 10 hour day, with a 1 hour sunrise and 1 hour sunset, and optionally the minimum blue at night for moonlights.

Either way then adjust the lighting as needed over a period of time. You can't go too far wrong here, and it's all easily adjusted.

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Glad to help! The most suitable settings depends on the LED system you have, the size of the tank that it is over, and the settings you had prior to upgrading controllers. Without that info, I can provide some general guidance, but it won't be as helpful as if I get to know the details.

Feel free to shoot me an email at Techsupport@StevesLEDs.com and I can send you more information on that controller, as well as the manual.

Thanks!
Jeff

HattyCurll

Hi...I would go to steve's leds website.They have the new hurricane x controller on sale and it probably would solve you controller issue. May be that the old one is just stuck in its mode.
Can you provide pictures of everything you have?

printed circuit board

Last edited: