Status of new overflow for 130?

Peanut

Be careful that the surface skimmer is not set too low. Last night I lost a small clown because it got stuck in the skimmer and I found it this morning wedged against the gate. The flow of the water was too strong for it to escape!
:-( Very Bummed! Its matched mate is not a happy camper.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sorry to hear that Peanut :( Do you know if it was the male or female?

On a sad note, welcome to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM Club section. I assume that if you have the new surface skimmer that you must have the new 130D Model?

Peanut

Yes I setup the 130D the first week of November. Tank is performing well and cycled really quick with the live rock and sand. Water chems are perfect. I have added a few corals and the pair of clowns until the unfortunate demise of the male. I hope I can rematch her. Anyone have luck adding anenomes in the 130D? I have a little hair algae but not too bad.

Peanut

Yes I setup the 130D the first week of November. Tank is performing well and cycled really quick with the live rock and sand. Water chems are perfect. I have added a few corals and the pair of clowns until the unfortunate demise of the male. I hope I can rematch her. Anyone have luck adding anenomes in the 130D? I have a little hair algae but not too bad.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Peanut - sounds good! If you can, post a pic of the tank in the Full Tank RSM Photos thread:

RSM FTS

Lots of folks have anemomes in the RSM, but I don't. A few have had their anemone end up stuck in the back gate of their 130 models, but with the new surface skimmer on the 130D there might be less chance of that. All of the ones that I'm aware of getting stuck in the old gate have survived, even though they looked like a mess at the time.

Peanut

I am hoping the there is enough light with the stock lights for the anenome. I plan to keep it low and away from the corals since they tend to sting the coral if too close "Purple Sebae". The air bubles from the skimmer is driving me nuts but I am getting used to them. I have to take some pictures and I will post them. I see a few worms so I am thinking about adding a slugg to take them out. I heard they do a pretty good job of those pests.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Peanut - You can't keep an anemone in one place - they move! They're not like a coral - you can't place them somewhere and expect them to stay there, and you definitely can't glue them to one spot. They will slowly move around the tank till they find a spot they like, and even then they may later move again. I've never heard of a slug that will eat worms? Most worms, even bristleworms, are beneficial to the tank as they'll eat wasted food, etc. You should start your own thread on your RSM tank, and you'll get all kinds of help. We're getting way off the topic of this thread about when the new overflow will be released. :)

mrfishy

sorry to hear about your loss peanut :tears:
in the 130 the skimmer box stays as high as you can set it to keep the water high enough to get the skimmer working properly