SPS ID help please!

goldenmean

After work yesterday I stopped at one of my LFS. This store usually has a lot of nice corals but currently he only has Saturday hours open to the public or by appointment. He mostly sets up and maintains tanks in businesses and homes.

Any way I come home with two SPS. One is a blue acro complete with the cutest lil acro crab. :whstlr:

The other coral I am unfamiliar with. The LFS gave me a name but I dont remember and I searched several hours last night and today looking for it on line last night and I had little luck finding a similar coral. This coral kind of looks like a leaf of lettuce and I know there are several species that are commonly called lettuce coral. Looking through my copy of Julian Sprung's, "Corals, A Quick Reference Guide" It looks a bit like leptoseris sp.

I could use some help IDing it please.
What do you RS stoney experts think???

Attachments

• _sps4.jpg
    _sps4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 75
  • _sps5.jpg
    _sps5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 74
  • _sps6.jpg
    _sps6.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 72
  • _sps7.jpg
    _sps7.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 72

goldenmean

Thank SurfZone and SubRosa. :bow:
I think you got it SubRosa. I found some other pics of Pavona decussata
that show the exact same corallite pattern as my coral.

funkpolice

What is the name of, and what is the location, of this store you went to. I live in the south suburbs, and I'm always looking for a new store to check out.
bill

goldenmean

Bill,
I got these at Aquatic Worlds on Belmont near Damen (used to be on Lincoln)
Right now he is open to the public on Saturdays only or by appointment.

goldenmean

I was going to say No he doesn't.
For the longest time it was just a page with address and hours and since he went to Saturday only hours that was wrong. However I see he has been working on his sit - a little.

AqWorld Home

I will say he does often have a nice selection of corals.
I know right now he has a green carpet anemone about the size of a dinner plate for $100. You have to have the right size, correct lights, and mature tank. He wants it to go to a good home.

funkpolice

I wish I would have known about that place last weekend. I drove right by it. Me and the wife went to Kuma's, then went over to old town aquarium. Maybe I'll check it out this weekend. thanks.
bill

goldenmean

Thanks Frankie.
Yes I got the Pavona on Saturday even though I knew nothing about it except that it was a SPS. I don't usually sucumb to such buys without knowing about the coral that I am getting first but I was mesmerized by the color and the texture of this coral.