Soon to be the proud owner of a 300 Gallon Acrylic :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Well I worked a deal today with a guy on a 300 gallon acrylic tank with stand and sump, the tank is 10'x2'x2' and is gorgeous.

I go to pick it up saturday, the deal is finalized but I am a little anxious since he doesn't have cash in hand yet, that the maybe sold out from under me or something will go wrong :( just my luck sometimes.

I will keep my fingers crossed on this one.

Since I have been buying equipment for my multi tank system I have all I need for this setup :)

I plan to use the 200lbs of rock I have in a 4ft area in the tank off to one side, then use the 2x400w pendants over that, I'll put a few random small stacks of rock here and there throughout the rest of the tank and light it with Vhos or T5s.

I want to build the reed in one 4ft section and leave the rest mostly open for fish and definitely a blue spot stingray or california ray.

So there you have another drastic turn in my mission to setup a reef. lol

Now I have to figure out what to do with the 70 rimless that's on the way lol

Val

Nice! I would be jealous if I had the room to keep one. lol So I'll just be happy for you and looking forward to pics instead.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Thanks :) I do hope it looks as good in person as it does in the pictures I seen.

I can't stand the wait and it's only been a few hours since I made the deal. lol a whole week of this might turn me into a nervous wreck

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
The pics I have are avatar size so they won't show much of anything.

This will be a mixed reef tank but mainly SPS, I will also have a few big nems, definitely going for a powder blue tang but my main fish is going to be a blue spot stingray :) I am not going overboard on fish.

I have my 50 gallon stock tank and to quarantine the ray in though so that works out :) while the ray is a main focal point for me I won't attempt it for at least 8 months after the tank has cycled.

I have a few ideas but I have to get the tank first, I am preying this works out :) if I could get the funds out of the bank today I would have been there :)

Look at me I haven't even paid the guy and I have this tank 80% planned out.

rgfast

Man I must be eatup with this stuff here you are getting ready to get this great tank an I'm sitting here a thousand miles away trying lay out your return nossels congrads WELCOME to the two hundred an larger club

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Sounds cool.

Last powder blue I had was eaten by a carpet, so I would be careful how I plan the species. Tangs are not very smart around nems. They see a bit of algae they want and just get too close.

1Reefer

Here we go again! Lol it just keeps getting better Eric..... I'm curious though. Does this cancel out the hex & mangrove tanks? Or are you going to plum them in also? Maybe run a mangrove based refugium for the 300?

I don't have room and I'm STILL jealous! Lol I want a big tank so bad..... but I'll deal with looking at LOTS of pics of yours along the way and hopefully even more when it gets established.

What's this mean for the stars? Lol jk they're still fine unti you want/need them.

One final thing...... CONGRATS!!! You lucky SOB

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Robert, I sat down and started mapping it out as soon as I realized it was mine :) what'd you come up with?

CF that's good to know :)

1Reefer the sump that is under the tank is almost 6ft I believe custom build so I'm not sure what I'm working with till I see it. This does cancel the separate mangrove tank but depending on the sump may just be moved underneath. I still want the stars :)

Thanks guys, I got an email I am going to get it this week sometime :)