skimmer question

ds69

I have heard lots of good things but do you think it will be good enough for my 44 gallon tank? It says 20-75 gallon tank but would it be better for me to get the pro or a skimmer rated for a larger tank. I know a lot of people get the bigger more powerful one but is it necessary or any better.

Thanks
Kevin

lcstorc

Personally I would go with the Pro for that size tank. A lot of it depends on your stocking and feeding habits. I tend to overstock and overfeed so I compensate with larger skimmers and water changed. I have the Aqua C Remora running on a 20g tank and it is fabulous.

ds69

Is it possible to over skim? and how often do you skim exactly... I have been using a bakpak and am really sick of it because I know it really sucks at pulling anything. So I do water changes very often.

Thanks
Kevin

I just purchased the AquaC Remora w/ MJ 1200 and its working great, I can clearly see the difference on the surface of the water, but mine is not fully broken in yet i'm guessing. After five days of running now its still producing a large amount of microbubbles.

lcstorc

IMO it is really hard/impossible to overskim. I have skimmers rated for way more than my tanks. Partially it is because I overfeed and partly because I like to keep a clean tank.

ds69

I think im going to go with the aqua c remora pro and get the mag with it. how often do you turn the skimmer??

Thanks
Kevin