HELP! Sick bta what to do?

blacksesame

Hi guys, had this bta for about 3 months. Was running it in a 100l nano with a few fish and other lps ( hammers, zoas, shrooms and galaxea) under low led lighting. I didnt realise how little par i had but i recently got a seneye and the par readings were around 20. Everything else is doing fine but about a week ago i found him looking very shrivelled and sickly and the tanks nitrates had suddenly risen up to about 20+ ppm. Also i have 2 clowns, the larger dominant one would be in there alot and may have contributed to his stress.

A week before i had just set up a QT tank with rock and sand from the existing tank and better lighting and moved him to there by himself where i have been performing frequent water changes and watching him. He seemed to react well to the new lighting at first, but was still releasing toxins i think as i have been fighting high nitrates in the QT tank now. Hes also had alot of stringy looking mucus hanging off of him which i manually suck out with tubing. The other night it looked like he was splitting into 2, but in general he just looks very sick to me. Ive never kept a nem before and am doing my best to try and save this one.

All my tank params are in check cept for nitrates which im constantly doing WCs to keep below 10ppm.

Did another WC tonight i went and checked on him after lights out and he had fallen Off the rocks and is now sitting face down in the sand bed... is this bad?

Any tips on what i should/shouldnt do and if he is likely to make it or not would be great. Have attatched pics. Thanks!
a56ffb6d3ae81706534657ee3d66023f.jpg
64953315414a11ca6d14ae72740e120b.jpg
eba9f2ffb3a4ad384e6e140fb5c3fb07.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Uncle99

image.jpeg Not attached to the substrate is a bad.
Looks like he's bleached and his zoo is has been expelled.
Mature stable water and intense lighting is required long term, and while they may survive low light for some time, eventually, the lack, catches up.

Keep in mind that light is critical to the photosynthetics, without, it, the animals toast.

Stabilize his environment if not already done, try to feed, if he starts coming apart, discard immediately.

blacksesame

Thanks much appreciated. Yea i didnt realise how low these cheap leds were doing. But after i got a seneye i also invested in a much more powerful lighting.

As for the bta the colouration was white slightly green with purple tips when i bought him and the lfs had several like this he was selling. Do you think these were already bleached? Is it just a white colour that indicates bleaching? I had read something about this but had seen a few around australia so assumed it was just the species.

I placed him back on a rock and this morning went to check and hes attatched again, so i turned my lights down a little and fed him a small portion.

Heres a pic of what it looked like when i first got him from the lfs
1ec313d880ed25d704b4bada8f823841.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

DaveK

Generally I agree with the advice given by @Uncle99. Offhand I don't think you have much chance in saving it, but once and awhile you get lucky. Keep the light moderate, and feed very little. If it starts to come back you can slowly increase light and feeding. Note than anemones only need feeding about once a week at most.

The big problem here is that the anemone was bleached when you got it. Note how white yours is compared to anemone picture posted by Uncle99. Even under ideal conditions, saving it would be difficult.

Uncle99

Attached is a good thing!
Generally the whiteness of the tentacles is a bleach as the zoo the creature uses for its photosynthesis is weak or gone.

Just leave him alone and stabilize.

Good luck