Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

Just for the record, and because I can never remember names these additions are

Copperband butterfly
Magnificent foxface
Labouts wrasse
Ornate leopard wrasse
8 green chromis

The Copperband had been at the LFS for about a week and I reserved him while they made sure he was feeding ok and he seems to have fitted into the system well, just minding his own business picking at the rocks and hopefully clearing up some Aiptasia

I added the chromis because I like them especially when they get bigger, well if!

SPR

Anyway it’s my birthday today, so happy birthday to me!!!

I thought I might sit out in the warm English sunshine and warmth……. In the cow shed as my grandson calls it! Lol

9EA3536C-55F5-4F87-814C-71941AF902E0.jpeg

SPR

That really is some serious flow in there. Beautiful.
Thank you

Thats the power of MP60’s etc they really are brilliant pieces of kit. Oh and the Abyzz a200 helps!

You know I have 2 MP40’s in the frag tank. I cleaned them the other day after 1 year, it involved taking them off dropping in citric acid and leaving for an hour or so. And then I put them back in.

When I think of those 4 rear circulation pumps, I absolutely hated cleaning them. I only ever cleaned them twice in about 3 years! Lol

Nobbygas

19th December 2019 Life was added for the first time…..

View attachment 51050

19th December 2021 - 2 years old….

View attachment 51049
Thank you

Thats the power of MP60’s etc they really are brilliant pieces of kit. Oh and the Abyzz a200 helps!

You know I have 2 MP40’s in the frag tank. I cleaned them the other day after 1 year, it involved taking them off dropping in citric acid and leaving for an hour or so. And then I put them back in.

When I think of those 4 rear circulation pumps, I absolutely hated cleaning them. I only ever cleaned them twice in about 3 years! Lol
Don't remind me. Mine need cleaning again. Although I do have a new cleaning strategy. With the NYOS Skimmer I used to take it all apart, soak the various bits in my white vinegar/water bucket for a few hours then re-assemble. It was a PITA. Now, I just place the whole unit into the cleaning solution and power it up. Let it run for a few hours and it is working better and quieter than ever ! I shall do the same with the rear pumps.

Reactions: SPR