Shallow Rimless Build

Squatch XXL

Wife said I build a house and I can build any aquarium I want. I don't know if she understands what she said or not.....maybe.

BWAhahahahahahahah. ooooooops....

I had a similar proposal from my wife. Buy a house, and do whatever you want......I am in love with this 3' monster, but am still shopping for the deal of a lifetime on a 100+ gallon. If I found a 200+ gallon at the right price, we would have it. My "goal" is to put multiple tanks into a wall in a single system......She is not aware, and not a surfer of this site, so I feel safe saying it here. I was given the option to do what I wanted to our house....and ripping out walls is pretty simple.

By god, you have a "Get out of jail free" card. Keep it close, as wives will remember these offers about 15 minutes after you show up with a 8' long fish tank....and try to talk you out of your new and exciting purchase. (not all of them, but the ones that don't have the addiction)

I have things that I want that I can only see happening being built piece by piece....as it wouldn't fit in the doors.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Lol.
The tank I plan on having will have its own room outside the house. I plan on building the wall it will in with that in mind.
Trying not to think about it to much.
Right now I am focused on the land.
Looking for a few acres. There is a lot of land down here in Charleston SC. I need trees.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Good to hear from you Frankie, I was actually thinking about how you were going the other day lol
Happy new year mate and I certainly hope 2016 can bring you a nice piece of land to get building on! Best wishes to you and all your family brother :)

You definitely have the best kind of get out of jail free card there! ;) Sounds like it's going to be an epic build!

StirCrayzy

It's accountability that keeps us honest.... We are watching sir... ;) good luck on the the new tank (er house) build.
I'm on the market for a house and 5+ acres too, hope to finally have my own hunting grounds next year.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hunting was not good this year. Locker is empty for the first time. I did get some fish though!

StirCrayzy

Same here, very odd year, deer were not cooperating and wife needed me home to stay sane. Still time to load up on snow bunnies though.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hey Doni! Shoring up the shop for the coming storm!
I have been building a luthiers workbench and am afraid of flooding

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hey Doni! Shoring up the shop for the coming storm!
I have been building a luthiers workbench and am afraid of flooding

Frankie

RS STAFF
71d627928b5bf8f406d07d77a68e46be.jpg
c5ebd1e293255e231ebe40e19f860872.jpg
0bf3f24e36fcf1bd910e47f8bcdbf775.jpg

Blue Space

I am learning to build acoustics.
I do repair though depending on the project.

Well if they turn out anything like your tank builds, I think you'll be pleased. . . ;)

Just played a $5K Gibson Les Paul (electric) at the guitar shop today. It played like a dream, fret board was like butter and no fret buzz whatsoever. Almost effortless to sound chords. I did not want to put it down but I knew my wife would kill me if I came home with another one. . . Kind of like going to the lfs! :D

Last edited:

Frankie

RS STAFF
I hear you man. I rarely buy anything. If I want it I make it.
I have a 1943 Harmony Monterey I'm restoring that is so dried out it has the best sound I ever heard. When I'm done I'll post a picture.
My plan is to build one from scratch and start to learn the trade. I figure I need a work bench first ;)

Blue Space

I hear you man. I rarely buy anything. If I want it I make it.
I have a 1943 Harmony Monterey I'm restoring that is so dried out it has the best sound I ever heard. When I'm done I'll post a picture.
My plan is to build one from scratch and start to learn the trade. I figure I need a work bench first ;)

I can't wait to see it, or better yet hear it!