Sad end for a Cross Hatch Butterfly.

cracker

Well My new Cross hatch is lying on it's side back under a rock. I'm seriously bummed over this. The fish was eating just fine until yesterday . Today ? I'm going to take it out & put it down. Very Sad. I wish this fish was still at home. This is two now Iv'e lost. I must find a healthy fish !

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
if it helps, I have read lots great reviews about them on RS and their great guarantees on their fish & corals

Our Promise:
When you order live fish or any product from LiveAquaria.com, every purchase is a partnership, and our guarantee is our promise. That's why we've made our Arrive Alive, Stay Alive® Guarantee 100% risk-free. Because we believe that a partnership built on mutual faith and trust will always be stronger than one built on terms & conditions.

Your Guarantees:

b_14day_gp.gif
If your fish, coral, plant, or invertebrate doesn't arrive alive and stay alive for 14 days, we'll credit your account or refund your money.
b_30day_gp.gif
Every Certified Captive Grown Coral comes with a certificate of authenticity and an extended 30-Day Guarantee!

Pat24601

Any experiences with "Live Aquaria" ?

I use them pretty frequently. For the most part, I like them. They do a good job.

I prefer to order corals from Divers Den since I’m picky about what they look like. Fish are less of a big deal in most cases so I’ll order them from either their California or Wisconsin facility.

That said, the Spotband Butterfly I had earlier that died was from liveaquaria. I don’t really blame liveaquaria for that. I’ve had good experiences with a lot of other fish. I think these butterflies are tricky to get one in good shape.

saintsreturn

Sucks to hear... I hate losing fish, which is why i have spent enough to try to save my sailfin in place of buying 3 news ones by now...

Good luck bud

cracker

Thanks for the heads up ,Pat. I know these fish are delicate also. Just want a fish that's not already doomed. I'll try again,just hate watching these animals die in my care. I'll have to be patient and keep my eyes open .

Pat24601

Sucks to hear... I hate losing fish, which is why i have spent enough to try to save my sailfin in place of buying 3 news ones by now...

Good luck bud

No doubt. When I think of how much money, let alone time and energy, I spent saving my Raccoon Butterfly, it's clear the easier and cheaper thing to do would have been to just get a new one. Not my style, though.

Pat24601

Thanks for the heads up ,Pat. I know these fish are delicate also. Just want a fish that's not already doomed. I'll try again,just hate watching these animals die in my care. I'll have to be patient and keep my eyes open .

I'm not saying you shouldn't try livequaria for a butterfly. I'm also not saying it will definitely work out.

I ordered two Butterflies from Liveaquaria when I ordered. The Spotband Butterfly and a small Auriga Butterfly.

I wanted to do that because I definitely wanted a small Auriga so it wouldn't be aggressive to my other Butterflies.

As you know, the Spotband butterfly lasted under 48 hours, but the Auriga is still alive and doing very well.

In fact, in my prior tank, many of my fish and corals were from liveaquaria and I didn't lose any of them.

Spotband Butterflies are also cheap by saltwater fish standards--$30 on liveaquaria, although shipping adds to it.

But, I get the emotional component of not wanting to have more losses. I feel very fortunate I got my tank to work out like I did.