RSM 250 help !!

zak786

I have got a Tunze 3155 Osmolator and its kind of hanging precariously where the pipe work for the chiller goes ...(not plumbed in a chiller yet). This was done by an expert in maintaining tanks but am not sure if its correct. They are not able to be tightened up and kept secured but are basically just hanging there unsecured and not tightened up. Shouldnt the sensor for the auto topup be in the main tank an if so how do we close the tank lid ? Anyway just wanted some advice on how to do this correctly ? Here is a pic of where it is sitting

P1000818.JPG

Also do you run your tank with the fine polishing filter ? I am having problems getting my water level right with the surface skmmer weir ? Any tips ?

Came down tis morning and the larger powerhead on the left when looking at the tank from the front was blowing bubbles cos the level dropped ?

I lifted the polishing filter out and then the autotopup started pumping out water from the jerry can but the water level in the back chamber where the autotopup sensor is hanging just didnt fill up.

I am confused :((

Any help or advice would be great :)

Cheers

Z

RaysReef

Has been struck by the ban stick
You'll have to remove the polishing filter because it does affect the water level/flow. I only use it when doing maintenance in the back - only for short periods of time. When I do use it, I have to turn my ATO off.

It sounds like you've not got enough water in the main tank or your surface skimmer is not low enough. I don't have a Tunze but I put my ATO sensor in the large pump compartment and the ATO water pipe goes into the small pump compartment. My water level in the main tank doesn't change, the water in the back does - when it goes down the ATO turns on.

Sorry I cant be more help...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I don't have a 250, but I do have both sensors in the back of my 130, and haven't installed the surface skimmer. RaysReef is correct - with an ATO in the back only run the fine filter pad once in a while, and remove it as soon as it's cleaned up the water. As stated if it gets dirty it will lower the water level in back too much and could pump too much water in to make up for the reduced level in back.

My brackets are on tight though, so I'm not sure why yours are so loose. The Tunze brackets are a pain to figure out. However I put mine together they can be tightened.

zak786

Thanks guys for the feedback. Anyone got any photos of how they have tightened the brackets in the smaller pump reservoir ?

Thanks