RSM 130 Rescue

barrymac

Hi I have just bought a red sea max 130. It came missing the 2 return pumps I have found the upgrade replacement single pump for £70. I have been looking to upgrade the protein skimmer to the tunze them I can change to the new filter basket
I have a RSM 130D, I use Tunze 9001 and Stevie T media Rack with Chemi pure Blue. Have just removed the hood and fitted Fluval marine Reef Led 24" fits like a glove £139.00, so open top. The stock lights can be expensive and the fans when they are needing replaced are a noisy pain. Have been fish and a few mushrooms and live rock for a while so will be putting more corals in soon. I don't use the weir cup. Vinegar soak is as said awesome at cleaning.
Hi I also have bought a rsm130 and am upgrading the return pump (as it didn't come with one) and want to get the tunze skimmer and then get the filter cradle.
My question is where can I get the upgraded filter cradle in the UK. I have found a skimmer on eBay and a new single return pump for £70 but can only find the upgraded filter cradle in the USA. Any advice greatly received

Thanks
Barry

discol76

Charterhouse Aquatics should have all the parts you are looking for. If you need any more help give me a shout.

Hi I have just bought a red sea max 130. It came missing the 2 return pumps I have found the upgrade replacement single pump for £70. I have been looking to upgrade the protein skimmer to the tunze them I can change to the new filter basket

Hi I also have bought a rsm130 and am upgrading the return pump (as it didn't come with one) and want to get the tunze skimmer and then get the filter cradle.
My question is where can I get the upgraded filter cradle in the UK. I have found a skimmer on eBay and a new single return pump for £70 but can only find the upgraded filter cradle in the USA. Any advice greatly received

Thanks
Barry

barrymac

Thanks for the quick reply that' great. Thanks I will definitely need some help lol. I had a marine tank about 23 years ago. I am starting from scratch with the rsm 130 and after reading about it I think doing the upgrades with the filter, skimmer and single return pump is better now. It' a learning curve but I am glad I found this page
Thanks
Barry

barrymac

Would this protein skimmer be the right one once I have upgraded to the new filter basket thanks barry

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180416-222953.png
    Screenshot_20180416-222953.png
    540.4 KB · Views: 26

AmateurReefer88

Hi sorry to jump on your post but how did u do that cover on the back of the Tank To cover the filter chambers?
bf2a1346063776fb1c16ae4a7a873c24.jpg

I made custom acrylic to hold a 165w china wifi led

Also you can try AI Prime HD led fixture

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

discol76

No this thread isn't dead.....Well not yet anyway. I've just bought a Tunze 3155 auto top up. I'm about to pull the trigger and order the replacement return pump and heater. I was hoping to get the cobalt neo therm heater but they don't do a UK version unfortunately. Still to get all the other smaller items you forget about. Test kits,salt,filter media etc the list is never ending. I was thinking about balling lite also but might do a simple 2 part to take care of calcium and alk. Never used any 2 parts before so a reccomendation would be welcome.

Pancho75

I would like to help but have no experience with the RSM 130. How is it doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peskin

Should the bit of PVC hose be longer than this? It's a brand new upgraded replacement pump.
Hi Discol , no need to be longer, but in case of low water volume if it is too high , you will get small bubbles as the pump will get water with air.

Peskin

Should the bit of PVC hose be longer than this? It's a brand new upgraded replacement pump.
In fact i have added a UV filter in the middle and the pump is in the bottom, the UV filter i added is the coralife 29 UV Filter, here is a picture. It fits perfect!IMG_7925.jpg

So bottom part is pump, middle is UV filter and the the return notch.

Bye

discol76

In fact i have added a UV filter in the middle and the pump is in the bottom, the UV filter i added is the coralife 29 UV Filter, here is a picture. It fits perfect!View attachment 49068

So bottom part is pump, middle is UV filter and the the return notch.

Bye

Sorry I missed this. That's a great idea if I ever need to run a UV
Thanks for that.

discol76

Well it's only been over 2 years since I tried to set up this tank. After cleaning up the lid and buying all the parts and equipment it's all just been sat in storage gathering dust. Life got in the way and things change.

Anyway I decided to go into the shed and give the tank a good clean. The sun was shining and we are in lockdown due to the Coronavirus situation. Had to soak some part in a citric acid solution. That stuff is really good. Pictures of today's effort
20200405_160613_copy_1612x2149.jpg 20200405_160611_copy_1612x2149.jpg 20200405_160617_copy_1612x2149.jpg

Attachments

• 20200411_161356_copy_1612x2149.jpg
    20200411_161356_copy_1612x2149.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20200411_161356_copy_1612x2149.jpg
    20200411_161356_copy_1612x2149.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11