RSM 130 Rescue

discol76

Hi everyone. First time poster. I've just bought a RSM 130 very cheaply but it is in need of a little TCL. Firstly I have just started to try and give it a good clean. Can anyone suggest what clan safely use on the plastic to help remove years of water and salt deposits. I've popped the hood of and I'm maki g a start on that. Some bits will need replaced is light cover as I think it's beyond saving. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. David.

discol76

Still a few stubborn bits and the rest of the tank to go but I'll get there. Anyone tried D&D Ezeclean before. It's says place pumps etc into a bucket for 2hrs. Was wondering if I could use it with a cloth to help wipe the build up off ?

discol76

Here are some pics of my previous 2 tanks from a while back. One of them was a 5x2x2 and the other one was a 3x2x2. They never reached their full potential as I moved house and had a faulty heater kill everything. That is the first thing on my shopping list. An ATC controller. I hope to build the coloums of live rock again but I dont know if I will have the space to manage it ??

discol76

Will i still need one of these on my 130 if i am getting the intank media basket and a tunze 9001. Getting a bit confused with information overload from all the reading I am doing lol
Surface-Skimmer-130-big.jpg

Pancho75

I like your rock columns, very interesting aquascaping.

I concur with @Pat24601 white vinager works on both plastic and glass, no issues there.

For the missing piece maybe you could try on eBay or even maybe directly a Red Sea distributor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

discol76

I like your rock columns, very interesting aquascaping.

I concur with @Pat24601 white vinager works on both plastic and glass, no issues there.

For the missing piece maybe you could try on eBay or even maybe directly a Red Sea distributor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Pancho, thanks. That piece isn't missing . The original 130"s don't come with them. I just read somewhere that if I am running a Tunze 9001 I won't need this optional extra as the Tunze will also skim the surface. I just wanted opinions to clarify this. Thanks.