Ron's 46 gal Bowfront

Ok, so I was asked by a few people to start a new tank thread so here it goes. This is my first saltwater tank, I have a 46 gal bowfront with a 20 gallon sump below. 2 power heads to move water. LED reef light. My tank was customized by the guy I got it front, in it he put a (drain resivoir), and 2 pvc drains in the rear, 1 primary and 1 backup incase the primary gets clogged. The back of my tank is painted black.

I have 40lbs of live sand in the bottom, and adding live rock as I can afford it.

Here go the pictures and updates.

Day 1 - Aug 27, 2013

5hzr.jpg

q5st.jpg

Just moved furniture around to make room for the tank. Just got it set up. Adding water tomarrow.

Day 2 - Aug 28, 2013

xeyc.jpg

Picked up RO/DI water at my LFS, he mixed it in a 55 gallon drum in the back of my truck, filled the tank bucket by bucket. So far this is proving to be alot more work than my FW tank. Just after I filled it. Water cloudy. Cleared up by morning.

Day 5 - Aug 31, 2013

qs18.jpg

Have 2 pieces of live rock with Halimeda growing on it, and 1 base rock. I also have an Azure Damsel in there to help cycle the tank

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Cheers for starting your tank thread Ron!! :geekin:
BEAUTIFUL TANK & I L:heart:VE the location.
Best advice I can give you is GO SLOW (have major patience!) and ASK HERE FIRST.
This place (RS Forum) will help you every step of the way to be successful :thumbup:
I'm along for your journey with BEST WISHES :crowd:

Day 13 - Sept 8, 2103

Ok, so hit a different LFS today, nice to see all different stuff. Picked up 10lbs of live rock from them, to add some different color to my tank. I positioned this rock to the far left as you can see in the photo here.

rfnh.jpg

I absolutley love the purple on this rock, gonna get all my rock from this store from now on.

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Great start. You will definitely want to add more liverocks to boost the filtration load.

kyle4201

I definitely love your location. You can sit for hours and watch your tank from the comfort of your couch.

So looks like I lost some post the last couple weeks when the site went down, so here are some pictures from a couple weeks ago :) Picked up alot of additional live rock

49h8.jpg

wbnq.jpg

lfok.jpg

A bonded pair of Picasso Clowns :) so adorableeeeeee they follow each other everywhere!!

ttaq.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Awesome addition of your pair of clowns! Just remember to take it very slow with adding fish. Your tank needs 3 or (better) 4 weeks maturing time before taking on more bio-load after each fish added.
Congrats on the clowns...let us know how they are doing, great updates!!