RODI TDS question

carmexx

I use a 5 stage RODI from air,water, and ice. I make water in my bathtub with it probably 4 times a week for top off storage and SW changes once a week. I store my water in 5 Gallon buckets from Home Depot. The RODI has a Dual Inline TDS meter. Usually in fluctuates from mid 200's to 165. The pure water out is zero. I just changed filters a week ago and ran it for 5 gallons output to flush any particulate, then started making water.

Now before I had the inline TDS meter, I used a handheld which didn't impress me and I had just thought it was useless b/c of the fluctuation in the readings i got. Now, moving forward, I have been testing my water in my topoff resevoir and the buckets I store water in. One time I got a reading of mid 30's in the top off resevoir, so I dumped the water and put new water in. Just today I tested water I was going to use for a SW makeup water change and it reads 33! ??? Can water sitting absorb solids for a higher reading of TDS while in storage. When I say in storage I mean in 5 Gallon bucket with lid on, in which TDS was 0 going into the bucket, from the RODI, and probably sat no longer than 3 days. Is the bucket leaching solids. I do wipe them down b/f each use.

Any input would be great.

Tru2nr

Your storing it in Lowes buckets? What is your ATO container made from?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I believe the answer to your question is yes, the water can register some TDS based on its storage container. I've read some posts on here about it, gotta keep everything clean!