Robzilla's 55 gallon reef tank

Robzilla

I am moving in two weeks and saw this as my opportunity to document my tank in my quest for corals.

I will be updating with the move as it happens.

Here is my tank as of now. Yes, the rockscape has changed.
IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

My stock consists of an Orange Back Fairy Wrasse, Foxface, Valentini Puffer, and Lawnmower Blenny.

After the move, I will be adding real reef live rock, LED lighting, and corals. My tank will be mostly LPS and Softies with the occasional SPS.

Follow along!

bshady

ditto im in the process of switching out a bunch of lps and softies from my tank. excited to see what you get

Robzilla

What area of town are you moving too? Cant wait to see the new progress

I'm only moving to Sunbury Rd. Still only like 5 minutes from Phishy Business if you know where that is.

Im starting with acans because I absolutely love the shapes and colors. That and mushrooms. Toadstool/Hammerheads are also on the list. Basically everything but Acans....I need to test the future LEDs first. Just follow along bshady, they are all soon to come! (permitting my watter params are where they are now)

Don't worry catran, I actually started this because of your suggestion. This is all your fault :) Now everybody has to listen to me drone on and on about my tank!

Robzilla

So looks like the first piece of coral in my tank will be a ric! All thanks to a very generous fellow RS reefer :) I can't wait to drain my wallet at Phishy Business!!!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Good luck on the redesign! I think reef tanks are better but you can have cooler fishes in FOWLR.

Tagging along.

BK

Robzilla

I agree. I've wanted corals the whole time but knew it wasn't wise with moving and all. I love the fish I have now and actually had a very difficult time with the "cool" fish. Thanks for tagging along!

catran

You're killing me to have to wait to see your rebuild! I can't wait to see corals in your tank. 1 1/2 weeks and counting down!!!

Robzilla

So my first coral came sooner than I would have liked....but I'm still grinning ear to ear! My friend gave me a frag because he doesn't like FOWLRs and felt that I absolutely HAD to have one. I did a bag float, slow drip, and fresh water dip (got rid of some tiny red snail...not a flatworm) and attached it with a 2-part epoxy. A few areas are showing pokes of skeletal tissue but it ate right away and A LOT at that!

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0112-1.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg