RO/Di systems

Ok, so I made it into the group buy. And I want an RO/Di setup.

I checked with the water plant in my town, and they told me they don't use chloramines. Would it be a waste to still get a RO/Di system specifically for chloramines? Should I just get the standard one? Then there seems to be a stage 5 PLUS, for $50 more?

I got a good recommendation from Diana for the Stage 5 Chloramines setup, is this still the way I should go?

It's good to note that I'm saving 9% with the group buy, so I would'nt mind going with a slightly higher priced one, if it's something I need. I only have a 46 gallon. :)

Thanks guyssssssss

PS Im totally buying the refractometer too :). I'm buying equipment not fish :)

slfcaptain

Get some calibration fluid for the refractometer too.

I have the BRS 5 stage plus system and it works great for me.

Happy shopping!

Steve

Ok, going with the BRS 5 stage Plus, getting it for $179.99 :) And a refractometer for $34.99. Thanks so much guys for including me in the group buy. RS ROCKS!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Get some calibration fluid for the refractometer too.

I have the BRS 5 stage plus system and it works great for me.

Happy shopping!

Steve

The refractometer comes with one (full size) bottle of calibration fluid....I'm still using the 1st bottle I opened. I figure it's a years supply. You can order an additional bottle, I did but have not needed it yet.
You never know what might get "accidentally" added to your towns water supply. Having the RO-Di unit will keep your tank safer & it's so simple to set up. I just run mine out of a bathtub that we don't use :D
299D0D35-D43A-42ED-B075-50618615C56C-9936-000010F6D589A02F_zpsa699295b.jpg
[/IMG]
Took about 15 minutes to have it up & running...that's great cause I'm NOT a DIY person ;)

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
i have the BRS 4stage. I couldnt be happier. Its setup with Red/black going into my laundry room, and the blue line going to my cave with my mix tank. I've got it starting at a Y valve on the cold side in the laundry room, with the black line going down the washer's drain to the sewer. I love this system. I didnt need the 5 stage because my water is almost perfect(tds usually 6-9 going in) as is.

Nice setup...I looked at the picture before I read the post...and was thinking what a hassle it would be to move all that stuff in and out of your tub just to make water. lol. Im gonna plumb mine in under the kitchen I think

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Well, having it set up in the bathtub has SAVED ME SEVERAL would have been flooded floor accidents from water forgotten turn on going down the drain. I don't have an auto-shut off on mine....did flood three non-carpeted rooms once tho :( I only run it into containers inside the bathtub now.
You might need to consider using some sort of shut-off....just sayin' :D

I might just get that auto shut off.....Diana approx how long does it take to fill a 5 gallon bucket with your RO-Di setup?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I think the length of time to fill it up depends of your local water pressure....I usually keep about 3 gals drawn up at all times for fresh top-off water. I don't remember how long it takes to fill the bucket & I almost always run the dang thing over :LOL:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
One persons fill rate is not going to the same as yours unless you know both water pressures. I have the BRS 75GPD one that Diana has and it takes about 2 hours to fill a 5 gallon bucket. My pressure into the unit is between 45-50 psi depending on the time of day.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I just pretty much know the YOU ARE GOING TO L:heart:VE having your own water making ability for your tank! :)