ro/di-filter guys- faucet adapter- pierce saddle valve

andy12265

Hey all, just got my ro/di filter from the filter guys and i have a quick question...i probaby already asked this but the water connector thing is a self-piercing saddle valve and i just don't feel safe making holes in my copper plumbing tubes. I forgot to order the sink facuet adapter one and i was wondering if i can buy one at the hardware store and with the right sizes that will fit my ro/di system so i don't have to make a hole in my plumbing...

Thanks a lot!!

Last edited:

burning2nd

THE saddle vavle is fool proof... altho the one that came with my filterguys order was cheap, i went to home depot and got one for about 2 bucks, that was a little heavy'r constution.

you should be able to get it at the hardware store,

your looking for anything comprestion fiting 1/4"

i use all the quick addapter 1/4 connectors,

Picture3000265.jpg

Scouter Steve

You will be better off with the saddle valve because of better pressure but if you are really really scared of piercing the copper you can get a set up from a decent hardware store to attach to your faucet. Usually you need a faucet areator to hose adapter then a hose to 1/4 compression adapter. If you go to a small hardware store where the clerks are a bit smarter then HD or Mainerds you can tell them it is like hooking up an icemaker from your fridge to the faucet.

andy12265

Does this just connect directly to the kitchen faucet or do i need to buy other parts in addition to this to fit the faucet?

Last edited:

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Does this just connect directly to the kitchen faucet or do i need to buy other parts in addition to this to fit the faucet?

Yep... :yup:

The female end goes onto the threaded pipe from the wall, the male end gets the hose from your kitchen faucet screwed onto it. Then you 1/4" R/O line goes off the side valve.