Rien his RSM C 250 adventure

Rini

New week new chances.
Yesterday I tested the water.

dKH 10.2 --> Need a bit adjustment to go back to 12. Working on that
CA : 500. Aiming at 470. Will stop dosing for 2 days. And then back again as normal.
MG 1480: As well a bit higher as normal. So for this I will stop dosing 3 days and test again.
Nitrate : 0,25
Phosphate 0,24
Salt 35 ppm. Need to add a bit more RO water to bring it down a bit.

Since my Phosphate is a bit between 0,36 - 0,16. I thought it is time to test my RO water. And appearantly I have 0,16 ppm in my ro water.............. This is in my 25L jerrycan, what is special for human drink. Want to test today the RO water directly out of the device. If that give phosphate, then I need to refill my DI filter with new resin. Resin:I hope google translate did use the right word for it.
If that does not solve it, then I think I get another device. I have now an 3 way device + DI filter.
Then I go for an 5 way one. Lets see first.

Currently the tank stays cooler with the led 4 led bulbs when the temp in the room goes to 26C.
That helps. Normally at 26C i had to shutdown the pumps, or turn of the lights.
I keep the hood open when we go to bed. Close the hood when the lights go on. And thats it.
The cooling fans in the back of the tank are running now 24/h a day. That was happening anyway when the temp went up to 20 - 21 in our living room.

Currently dosing:
Red sea Foundation A : 0 ml for 2 days.
Red Sea Foundation B : 100 ml for 4 days
Red Sea Foundation C : 0 ml for 3 days.
Red Sea Reef foundation A : 3 ml per day
Red Sea Reef foundation B : 3 ml per day
Red Sea Nopox : 20 ml per day
Red Sea Coral colors A/B/C/D : 0 ml for 2 days. then back to 1 ml per day
Special Blend : 20 ml (each 14 days)

It is fun when my daughter brings friends over that have never played with us : look : NEMO!

My youngest dauchter like to help cleaning the tank.

20170510_091258086_iOS.jpg

And she like to pull out all her toys...

Rini

And indeed. I have an issue with the RO device. I did refil my DI filter with Resin. And I still measure 0,08 phosphate in the water. Wil go for a new RO device. I bought mine a some years ago basically for our fresh water tank. Basically a bit phosphate is not that bad for plants.

So new journey. which device to buy. :)

Rini

Small update about the RO device.
Have contacted the company where I got mine from. Seems mine has some issues that can be solved with replacing this and that. Do this and that. And then hope it works.

Decided to go for another device. They advised me to go for this device: Osmopure 75 BA.
Have been ordered. Will test it very good when it arrive that my phosphate is 0. My current device it seems that the water had always a bit Phoshpate. In my fresh water tank this was a nice welcome. So did not pay attention to it. Now 3 years later it is not so handy in my SW tank :)

The Di filter that I already have that is still OK to use. Only need to refill it with fresh resin.
551202566_995.jpg

osmopure-ba-serie_2.jpg

Aaryan

Measurement is an essential part of life. The accurate measuring system requires in each and every field to no one will get cheated.
A Centimeter is a measuring unit used in the metric system and inches is measuring unit used in the imperial system. If we relate the size of two units centimetre is smaller then inches.

Rini

After a few years not very active i’m a bit back. Work, 2 kids and so on kept me a bit busy.
At this moment i’m tankless. Why?

My thank was doing very well, i ran the complete Red Sea program. Only Red Sea products to say. And with this I drove my tank on auto pilot. When for example MG was low, i just added the Red Sea C. I was at the drivers seat. Everything perfect. Then disaster strike. I lost my job. My company decided that people on another part of the world were much cheaper and doing the same job. Except they could not speak English very well... but cheaper. That is the keyword for the company.
Worked 19 years and 11 months with that company. So i was in tears, really. This ment that my income was much lower as before. When it was time to purchase my Red Sea products, like nopox / the coral colors abcd / reef energy a / b i checked the Colombo prices. And that was more then 50% cheaper. So i decided to go for Colombo. Worst mistake EVER! And still pissed.. but ok lets continue. Slowly i ended with the Red Sea products and slowly started with the Colombo products.
From the start it looked the same, but after a month or so, things went slowly bad. I was not able to get my tank stable. Everything was going up and down. Algae came, i got in my skimmer some red slime. Back to nopox. This solved a bit the issue with algae. But the other things like CA / MG / K and other stuff it bounced and it costed me corals. It costed me fish...At that point it was for me, buy new corals or give the kids food. There was no money to go back to Red Sea products. So yes i choose for the kids, so the tank was slowly dying.
I tried but it was never ever stable again as i had it with the Red Sea product. I don’t want to say that Colombo stuff is not good. But me and Colombo is not a good combination. I even have troubles with there test kits lol. This struggle lasted for close to an year. During that year i found another job, and decided that I was going to stop. I could not bring up the energy to start fresh with the tank.
So i emptied the tank and got rid of it at the dump yard. Only the pumps & skimmer i kept.
That was the end of the story, i thought.

After 2 weeks, man what did i miss the tank............ What did i miss the corals..
What did i miss cleaning the glass.
And what i was sure NOT to do, happens. I want an reef tank again!
This time : small.

So i will open a new topic where i start discussing the happenings of the tank.
I would like to thank everybody in this thread, or readers of this thread.
It was a great adventure. And i’m going to the next smaller adventure.

See you soon!