Red Sea Monster 2000L+ in-Wall System

jpsika08

Nice addition Juan!!

Thank you very much Steve :)

Beautiful mandarin ! Hope you find & add back a female :dance:

Thanks Glenn, LFS's around been adviced so when a female comes I will place her in the tank. :)

I am planning on adding an ORA mandarin soon. Any words of wisdom. This will be my last fish if I get it. you can see the rest in my sig.

Be prepared for a whole set of food, and it would be great if you could colonize your tank of copeods, if you already have, increase the ranks as these fish it a lot in one sitting.

Ok ill give you some low down here dont kill your pods that are in you filter sock turn your sock inside out to get them out each week i get 10/20 out of mine

Thanks Jason, I have been checking my socks lately to try and remove most copepods that are in there.

+1^... Hey Cris, don't think he will eat other than Pods just cause ORA says they will. I've read several posts elsewhere with people dealing with dead or dying ORA Mandrains cause they had no pod population. They are all different, I hope your does, just don't bet on it. Good luck with him!

Agree, to relay only on pods is a big mistake on this animals, you got to target feed them as they are not as agile as other fish to catch food.
These fish have very small stomachs and because of this, they need to keep eating all the time.

Great additions Juan, glad you caugh the two males before one won the battle. Blue Zoo is the only place I've ever seen spicific sales by Sex, they have females now. The reef Nutrition food is great stuff and goes a long long way. Have fun with them!

Thank you very much Tom, it was a lucky shot! :)

Green Mandarin Dragonet, Striped Mandarinfish - Synchiropus splendidus

Thanks Tom and Jason.

Actually I dont have filter socks. I have an AIO RSM tank. I have stocked the tank with live tigger pods a couple months ago and at night see verious larger varieties of pods all over the place as well.

If/when I go for ir, I appreciate the good wishes. i think I will tell the LFS to get one on and QT is and see how it eats before I buy it.

I know they have some in their own tanks that are not for sale that eat frozen well in addition to live pods.

As stated above, increase the pods population more and when/if you get the fish, train him so he can eat other food, Reef Nutrition has a great collection of food for Mandarins.

Cool new fish Juan, and your feeding regime is to be commended.

Thank you very much Leigh, :D
BTW, my older brother just came back from Australia as he went for a Hino Truck convention, he came with a trauma, he says Australia has the most beautiful girls, even he went with his wife he could resist to watch LOL.
Need to go check it out myself... but without the wife Hihihihihihihihi.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Looking but not touching is perfectly acceptable Juan. Just don't tell my missus LOL.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Dammit, the missus keeps running away LOL. Sorry Juan, your thread is starting to look like Matts :).

jpsika08

Dammit, the missus keeps running away LOL. Sorry Juan, your thread is starting to look like Matts :).

LOL, lately all thread are beginning to look like Matt's, somehow they tend to curve that way hahahaha

Love the mandarin Juan. You can also do small piles of rubble rock for the Copepods to cultivate.

Thank you Jim! I'm even thinking of placing some rubbles around the copepod hotel I made so it can serve as more protecting and better pod colonization.

ChrisY

no he said rubble, not stubble Matt :)

I know the feeling well. for some odd reason think I can just keep a 5 o'clock shadow all the time. She doesnt get that it doesnt work that way. :)

jpsika08

Well, my mandarin has left his cave behind and began adventuring to the whole tank, today I fed him live brine shrimp mixed with Selcon which is a Vitamin enrichment for food.
All the time I see him pick at the glass, rock and substrate, hopefully he is getting his daily food, though, I'm still feeding him all I can so no starving around, will begin pellet training too.

byronredsea

Well, my mandarin has left his cave behind and began adventuring to the whole tank, today I fed him live brine shrimp mixed with Selcon which is a Vitamin enrichment for food.
All the time I see him pick at the glass, rock and substrate, hopefully he is getting his daily food, though, I'm still feeding him all I can so no starving around, will begin pellet training too.
Hi Juan are you going to put a jar in the tank with Pellets in it thats what i did and now thay cant get enough

byronredsea

I have male and female after about two days they both just went in and started eating mine are wild ones I did loose one male I think he starved the new male was getting very thin that's when I started to think about the jar after being told about Melvens thread on how to get them to eat

Uslanja

Hi Juan! Congrats on the Mandarin and the pod hotel! Any update photos of your Mandarin and we're also real curious to see how the pod hotel looks with the rubble disguise. Do you ever need to change out the batting in the hotel or do the pods keep it clean?