Red Sea may have competition

Choff

Thanks for pointing these out John. I'll def be giving these a thorough exam at MACNA.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hummm....I think RSM is a better looking tank :makefun:
I just like seeing more tank than cabinet :yup: just me...they may look better in person tho

ptbmaniac

I hope the price is reasonable! I hate that RSM goes from 34 gal to 65 gal and then up into the 100's! I wish RSM had an 80 gallon. I really like that size! If the price is right I might have to save up to get the 80 gallon and then sell my RSM 250! I can't wait to get more details!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I hope the price is reasonable! I hate that RSM goes from 34 gal to 65 gal and then up into the 100's! I wish RSM had an 80 gallon. I really like that size! If the price is right I might have to save up to get the 80 gallon and then sell my RSM 250! I can't wait to get more details!

Just for what it's worth, I'm adding a sump/refugium to my RSM 250 and it's going to mean an increase of water volume of about 20 gallons. Won't be 20 gallons of display tank tho....just lots more water circulation and a "pod room" to grow macro algae. It's my solution to not being a DIY person, the sump/refugium is being built by LifeReef and he makes the one I'm ordering for specific use with the RSM 250.
Still not going to give me more DT but I have hopes that it's going to be GOOD. I don't want more DT to maintain anyway. :D

ptbmaniac

Just for what it's worth, I'm adding a sump/refugium to my RSM 250 and it's going to mean an increase of water volume of about 20 gallons. Won't be 20 gallons of display tank tho....just lots more water circulation and a "pod room" to grow macro algae. It's my solution to not being a DIY person, the sump/refugium is being built by LifeReef and he makes the one I'm ordering for specific use with the RSM 250.
Still not going to give me more DT but I have hopes that it's going to be GOOD. I don't want more DT to maintain anyway. :D

I have looked into those,but for what they are I think that they are way too pricey!

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I have looked into those,but for what they are I think that they are way too pricey!

Yep, they are... but I WANT ONE ;) :D:laughroll
I'm excited to be moved up on the build list to mid-December
"MERRY CHRISTMAS to my tank!" :yehoo:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Very very nice! I'm interested in a nice clam tank!

Sort of "Off Topic" but then again when has that ever stopped me from ruining a good flowing thread? LOL

Bryan the most impressive clam tank I've seen in person was a Zero-Edge tank at one of the LFS in Charlotte NC. Long, shallow and phenomenal viewing capabilities. I understand Zero-Edge tanks have their own set of "issues" but from a pure top-down viewing standpoint they are 2nd to none.