RED Bugs!!...Grrrr....Not Happy!

deaclauderdale

Where can I get interceptor without a prescription, or who has a tab lying around???

Sent from my iPad using My fingers!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Find someone local who raises and or breeds dogs. That's where I got my last batch from.

deaclauderdale

Thanx BigAl I'll look into today. Thankfully I only see them on one coral, and all of the other corals still have good PE and coloration so it appears I've caught them early.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
You're still going to treat the whole tank right? If you see 1 there are many others you don't see (or so it seemed in my tank).

Actually after having a RB outbreak a couple of years ago I've been doing a "RB Dip" with all incoming SPS just to be safe.

deaclauderdale

I have a new issue related to the red bugs; I have a pipe fish, whose diet of course consist of pods, and interceptor will decimate my pod population, oh what to do, what to do?

BLADEYAMAHA

Treat RB, use carbon, change carbon, use carbon, change carbon, order more pods. That's the only thing I could think of??????? I'm sure you would know this though.

deaclauderdale

Treat RB, use carbon, change carbon, use carbon, change carbon, order more pods. That's the only thing I could think of??????? I'm sure you would know this though.

I had the thought , but all responses are welcome, but because of we're I live pods are not readily available. I'm going to pick up some fresh cheato and shake that out in the main display each day after treatment until I can order a batch of pods. the fish store where I purchased my pipe fish got him to eat baby brine so I have a bit of that on hand as well. Once my interceptor arrives I'll begin treatment and keep everyone posted on the results.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd go ahead and order the pods about 2 days before you plan to start interceptor and be ready to re-pod the tank ASAP! If you have another tank up and running you could keep Chaeto in there loaded with new pods and go from there.

about to treat for those red wanks myself. :(

I am going to be doing an interceptor treatment soon.

I wanted to do some new photos of my tank but these little guys keep photobombing my shots.

validia.jpg

validiaCLOSE.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
about to treat for those red wanks myself. :(

I am going to be doing an interceptor treatment soon.

I wanted to do some new photos of my tank but these little guys keep photobombing my shots.

validiaCLOSE.jpg

You said that right. They are "Camera Hogs" to say the least. They really do show up vividly in your pics.

Nice coral FiReBReTHa, I eradicated my red bug issue with minimal pod loss and zero loss in crabs or shrimp.

That's awesome! What exactly was your treatment regimen?

ChrisY

Ok, dumb question... What exactly are red bugs? Genus, species etc? What harm to they do? Do they gnaw on the corals, or starve them out?

Chris