HELP! RecSea Max 130C Refugium

a361c

I have a 130c and I would like to add a refugium because it's going to be a sea horse tank for my daughter. So I would like a steady supply of copepods. I thought of removing the protein skimmer and adding the Eshopps nano overflow and sump. Anybody ever tried this or anything similar? I am even considering an inside the tank refugium. Any thoughts, ideas or direction would be greatly appreciated.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

The flow in the back sump area of a RSM might not be conductive to a refugium as it's pretty strong, but I have seen a couple members add a light & have had some success, hopefully they can advise.

DaveK

I think in a case like this, where you want to keep seahorses and the tank is of a reasonable size, I'd create the pod farm inside the display tank. All that is needed is structures where the pods can go and the seahorses can't.

This would save you the cost, and possible problems with setting up an overflow and return to a refugium, and avoid those next to useless insider the tank refugiums.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
You could make a "pod hotel" by netting some chaeto into a clear plastic water bottle with the end cut off & vents cut for water circulation. It could be hidden behind your rockscape as long as it gets light & water flow to keep the chaeto growing. Pods like chaeto. :)

a361c

:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
You could make a "pod hotel" by netting some chaeto into a clear plastic water bottle with the end cut off & vents cut for water circulation. It could be hidden behind your rockscape as long as it gets light & water flow to keep the chaeto growing. Pods like chaeto. :)
Thanks. Definitely trying this tomorrow