Question

sarah

Hi, Every one,

Could u tell me if you can top up the tank with bottled water because i can not get hold of RO water at the moment hoping to start doing my own RO water in the future.

Thanks for ure help on other threads as well. :D

Sarah xxx

Brucey

Hi Sarah, you OK. I'm in the UK too, England. Basically, Yes, it's expensive but you can use bottled water, Evian or something. Where are you, anywhere near me. I have a 50 Gallon RO water Butt and would be happy to give you as much as you needed. I also have 7-8 25Litre water cannisters hanging around from when I moved house.
Brucey

sarah

Hi, Brucey.
I live in nottingham, i think it is to far away to travel thankyou for the offer through.

SARAH xxx

tankgirl

Brucey & Sarah, I think Evian would be a bad choice because it's very heavy on minerals. I'd go with distilled bottled water rather than mineral water like Evian.

Cougra

Check and see if the bottled water source is labeled. Some bottled water is actually RO water which will be ideal.

I've also heard of people collecting rain water to use instead of thier tap water because it's cleaner/purer (In areas that rain alot) then most tap water as well.

I have used bottlewater on occassion in past emergency situations with little side effects but I wouldn't use it on a long term basis unless you know how it's processed.