BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
The "Question(s) of the week" for this week is:

coralife_digital_power_center_wavemaker.JPG

Which controller do you use?

How do you like it?

What do you control with it?

What would you like it to do that it doesn't?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Profilux. Its a tank. Its also smarter than I however that's changing. This thing is now starting my coffee at 6:30 n starts my car with windows down at 7:45.

..........used coral frags. half off.

sk8rdn

dmatt88 said:
Profilux. Its a tank. Its also smarter than I however that's changing. This thing is now starting my coffee at 6:30 n starts my car with windows down at 7:45.

Oh, you mean your fancy light switch? :D

....Insert Funny Signoff Here....

sk8rdn

Hi! I'm Bill, and I am my tanks controller. (I'm old school)

What do I wish it would do better? Pay for the equipment to do the stuff I don't wanna do... :)

dmatt88

Oh, you mean your fancy light switch? :D

Somebody pays attention. It also controls my calc reactor. Its just the pab that has me buffaloed.

steved13

PREMIUM
I have the Apex. It controls the lighting, MP40s, UV, lunar simulation, chiller, heater, canopy fan, turns on or off return pumps and skimmer depending on sump water level (skimmer off if it gets too high, return pumps off if it gets too low), monitors pH and temp, puts cool real time stats in my signature.

Built347

I also have the apex.. w/ extra vdm, 2 eb8's, Ph, orp, and temp.. it controls everything... dimmable led's on the dt, sunrise/sunset. it times 6 lights on the rest of the tanks... it switches all 10 powerheads at once(not variable speed just on/off) it controls all of my return pumps and Skimmer pump, heater, doser, and it also controls a 4 bulb tracklight that I have on the ceiling In the fishroom... love this thing.. it should be called "the tank sitter" oh! Also the light and P/h on my QT. I plan to add a break out box so I can remotely control the mixing station and I need a few elec level sensors and wotf sensors.. :)

muffkins

I have a boyfriend? For example today I asked him to go home at lunch and turn my lights on. :D Really just starting to get my tank up and running.

It works great so far!...we'll see what kind of operating life I can get out of it, hehee.

fishguy4

I have the Apex. It controls the lighting, MP40s, UV, lunar simulation, chiller, heater, canopy fan, turns on or off return pumps and skimmer depending on sump water level (skimmer off if it gets too high, return pumps off if it gets too low), monitors pH and temp, puts cool real time stats in my signature.

Wat is that?

Funlad3

Here's mine, the Bentastic1996:

Photo+on+2012-01-13+at+10.28+%25233.jpg

It has tons of features, from making the ceiling rain to cleaning the skimmer! It might not be the smartest controller on the market, and it might only fix tank problems after they happen, but it works and my tank loves it. :)

PSBoston

Just bought an apex, it is sitting on my shelf giving me email updates on the amps it is using until I get the enthusiasm to unconnected everything and get it all set up!

Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get it done this weekend...