PSU’s Peninsula

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
It’s living but not thriving, my fuge still has cyano in it so it needs some work!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks Pancho, I’m happy it’s remaining alive.

Just got my AE automated calcium reactor online this week, let’s hope I can dial in some consistency. This bad boy is putting out almost 90dkh effluent!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
If I keep it purged it stays up there. I’ve had to decrease the dosage as my alk got to 11, woof. Down to 10.4 now so I gotta watch to see where it stabilizes

Blue Space

Is it stabilized yet? I usually don't shoot for anything higher than 8.5 to 9 dkh. I've heard of folk's trying to increase growth by keeping it higher but for me I just try to maintain stability.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
So I got it set at the lowest setting and I seem to be maintaining around 9.8 at the moment. Planning to drop that to around the 8.5-9 level through smaller water changes with TMP which has an alk around 7…… don’t wanna fiddle with the reactor.

Pancho75

So I got it set at the lowest setting and I seem to be maintaining around 9.8 at the moment. Planning to drop that to around the 8.5-9 level through smaller water changes with TMP which has an alk around 7…… don’t wanna fiddle with the reactor.
I found my SPS get brighter colors when the Alk goes close to 8. Is it the same for you?

Blue Space

Your corals look healthy, so you're keeping it within an acceptable range. Less swing the better but like me, still manual dosing, there will be small swings in Alkalinity... I love my Hanna Checker!

Blue Space

Where we at today? still coming down or is it still up there? just measured mine and looks like my dosing calculations are pretty dang close, sitting at 8.6 dkh dosing 1.5 ml of brs 2-part Alk solution (+Tropic Marin A elements) daily.

Last edited:

Blue Space

now, if you can maintain that AND keep nitrates and phosphates in check you should see good color and growth! :)