PSU’s Peninsula

ANARCHY01

Man I love this build. The new aquascape turned out amazing. Adam is a great guy. Always enjoy spending my money with him. My setup is kind of like the smaller budget version of this so I will be following along for sure

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well I finally did the sump conversion this Monday. Took two of us 11 hours to put the tank on life support, convert and run plumbing and get it all back online. Still lots to do but it’s running again.F32E7C60-884B-46F6-A3D5-C72C9579AA69.jpeg
C584E014-2A96-4F60-AC08-A3809C39279B.jpeg
2ECD3827-392C-45E6-A2A2-5F245619C6FA.jpeg
F109C0A7-D9D9-4F97-9A41-1EFBBDCC13A5.jpeg87B2C8D6-5A6A-4384-AA94-D45BB175A271.jpeg

Blue Space

11 hours oh my... Sounds like it turned out to be quite a chore. Well at least it's just a short run from your tank, through the bathroom wall, just in case they gotz to go... :)

Anyhow, it's good to see water in the sump!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah it took some time but we didn’t want to butcher it. Tanks been running solid since the switch so this weekend I’m going to install the return manifold, the L2, uv sterilizer, get the fuge online and hopefully open up my aquarium engineering calcium reactor!! More pics to come

Blue Space

Yeah it took some time but we didn’t want to butcher it. Tanks been running solid since the switch so this weekend I’m going to install the return manifold, the L2, uv sterilizer, get the fuge online and hopefully open up my aquarium engineering calcium reactor!! More pics to come
Any update on any of the outstanding items -manifold, L2, UV, fuge, or reactor?

Blue Space

One nice machine! This inverter generator has the GX390EFI Honda engine ( w/ electronic fuel injection) which according to what I've read is like the Ferrari of small engines... Japanese of course but very, very nice. It's also has a built-in power inverter which gives you a pure sine wave without harmonic distortion that can damage sensitive electronics.

I thought you were considering a whole-home generator though... What were the deciding factors in your decision, Bryan?

Last edited:

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yes, a really sweet little generator. I was looking at the whole home one but install wasn’t the easiest, monthly costs and the fact that I already have a transfer switch pushed me this way. Battery back ups on the tank but me time so this will do the job and has more flexibility!

Also didn’t feel like having to have a above ground propane tank to run the whole home one. Unsightly!

Blue Space

I hear ya... That should serve you very well in an emergency!

I'm still up in the air on what to do. The main reason for backup power in my particular situation is that the power always seems to go out while I'm away. So, in order to avoid a loss with the future 180 (like I did with my bio-cube 29), I need it to switch on automatically. Generac has that capability and so does Champion. The champ looks to be easier to maintain thanks to the gull-wing doors and is much quieter.

Blue Space

That's a pretty feather duster! What kind of algae growing in there? And using the tray so you don't scratch the refugium... good idea!

Is that tray diy or repurposed? :)

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Flat branch glacilaria is the macro. I had the trays made for this purpose. One holds sand other mud from Florida pets. Have my mantis in there as well. I hate refugiums Because they always became a sewer for me so the trays are off the ground and the flow sprays under then. This way I can remove the trays and clean it when needed.