PSU’s Peninsula

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well folks I’ve got a few updates!

I wanted to get the tank cycling while I set up all the support systems and get the QTs processing our first fish.

Above the tank I put in a board to hang the lights from. Got the rock scape mortared together and in, sand as well. Pics below!

E5DE98B3-3F56-492C-9B02-2E39ED7E9366.jpeg 1DDD2157-2E44-4685-B459-C54886F0CFE5.jpeg ADDFE862-CABD-47A6-A3A3-6313C561FD05.jpeg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Just got the plumbing installed this morning and she’s holding water atm. Need to mix up some more to get things flowing back up.

the waterbox plumbing was so nice, hats off to them on making it easy (and quality, love the check valve!)

I seemingly have co2 in my water as I’m crushing the DI resin when I’m making water so need to figure out something there

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Ammonia is down to zero and the water change was conducted. I can see a few copepods in there now, must have hitch hiked on the coralline algae I bought.

Also ordered a whole bunch of bugs and worms and the like from Indo pacific sea farms.

let the fun begin!

Blue Space

It's really looking good. Love the rock work. Did you ever sort what was burning through the DI resin? Perhaps just time to change out the lot? I noticed the same thing until I finally took the RO membrane filter out and under closer inspection found a crack in the housing. I replaced the housing and my issue was resolved.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks! I want to balance sps growth and swimming room with space/areas for the fish to find safety/security.

As for my DI resin, I have about 23ppm of it in my water, above 35 is high but anything above 0 hits the DI. What I did and is working better now is add a second DI. This is allowing me to completely deplete the resin in stage 1 before replacing it.

early results are better, I would have replaced the resin a while ago but with the second stage being there I’m letting it roll. For the past 100g it’s read 1ppm out and looks (color change) exhausted but until it’s showing the same tds out as in, it’s not completely exhausted!

Blue Space

Yeah, I started with a five stage and then decided to double down on another 1 micron carbon block filter (chloramines) and another DI stage to make a total of 7.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Got my new CBB in QT this week. Eating Blackworms and mysis so I’m feeling optimistic!
9294DA9E-EF49-41CA-A405-DCDC5EF9F019.jpeg

Is there a way to not get these to come in sideways?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I think it's a RS bug that happens sometimes... Travis would have to fix, maybe a patch to the Xenforo software...

Beautiful fish I love them !