Prazzi Pro Treament

eric w

Well,

I just got done with my last treatment of formalin on my two clowns. I was going to start this treatment likely on Saturday. I wanted to see how most people do it. I was planning on dosing the entire QT tank. Should this be done or could i soak some food in it and fed them? Any suggestions would be great. Also if I dose the QT will the QT need to be cleaned out and such after these fish? I really learned a lesson about assuming my QT would be fine with a seeded sponge that was in my DT for 3 weeks...it was not and im still doing WCs and such...so anyhow wanted to see about the prazzi pro and how people use it. thanks

eric w

By the way I do now have additional sponges in my DT so that I do not have this problem again.. Also I took a small piece of LR from my DT that I put in the QT.. Hopefully that wi get me through this cycle on the QT.. Anyhow was just currious on the prazzi. Thx

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
LR in the QT is not recommended. For prazi treatments, I use the jungle food, 3 days of nothing but that, for 3 week cycles (3 days on prazi, 4 days off)

eric w

Thanks.. I have a bottle of that prazi pro.. So may look for some of what you suggested... The LR I'm going to trash once I get these fish in my DT..

redneckgearhead

Thanks.. I have a bottle of that prazi pro.. So may look for some of what you suggested... The LR I'm going to trash once I get these fish in my DT..

The LR is not recommended in qt tanks for a couple reasons. One of which is we don't want that rock ending up in our reef tanks down the road when we have forgotten that it has been in a qt tank, the other is it can have negative effects on the meds used in treatment. I would not use LR in a qt tank for any reason.

kv2wr1

If you can just soak their food with it and they will eat the food, I'd go that route first.

I ended up having to dose the hospital tank since my fish were being picky and not eating the food with prazipro on it. They didn't eat for the first couple days when I dosed the whole tank and then they started to eat again. I only have a few days left. On Sunday I will be doing a large water change and will run carbon for at least a week since I can't test for prazipro in the water. Then I'll do another water large change and run carbon again.

eric w

Well can I soak their food. I thought that soaking food was with a different product? Also if you dose the whole tank do you need to run carbon after treatment or just do a large EC? Thanks

kv2wr1

I'm not 100% sure. On the bottle that I have, it mentions as a bath and also as a whole tank treatment. I did the whole tank treatment. It says to do a large water change before treatment which I did, but doesn't exactly say how to remove it. I think since it says not to use carbon, protein skimmers and UV during treatment, Carbon will remove it and a water change will dillute it. I plan on doing both a large water change and carbon to be safe since I have no way to test how much is left in the water.

eric w

Thanks...well if anyone else out there cab shed some light on this that would be graet. I have the prazipro as well that says the same thing...anyhow thanks

eric w

So I just did a dose on my QT.. After about a week I will do a large WC.. Then do I need to run carbon or will the WC be good enough? Thanks

kv2wr1

I'm not 100% sure, but I just got done with what you just did. I did a 60% water change and then ran fresh carbon for 2 days after. The fish seemed to like this (they really perked up and ate a lot more than they did while there was prazipro at the full dosage in the water) so I am going on that since I can't measure how much prazipro is left in the water. This weekend I will do another big water change and run fresh carbon again. Hope this helps a little.