Pistol shrimp close up

Blndbunny

My pistol is being mr social today, and he wanted his close up taken
15517289775_5ee078d946.jpg
[/url] Pistol shrimp close up by jessica_haering, on Flickr[/IMG]

He has been an absolute model citizen of my tank, I'm a little worried about catching him and his goby when I switch tanks. Anyways I bought his as a pistol shrimp, any idea on specifically which one? His body is striped black/grey and white

Blndbunny

I can try, he tends to go right back to his burrows when I walk up to the tank. He mostly just peaks. His body has the same striping as his claws and he's about 1.25". He loves his meaty bit of food and seems to have a fondness for and algea that grows on my glass, since he picks it off

Blndbunny

I can try, he tends to go right back to his burrows when I walk up to the tank. He mostly just peaks. His body has the same striping as his claws and he's about 1.25". He loves his meaty bit of food and seems to have a fondness for and algea that grows on my glass, since he picks it off

Oxylebius

Based only on what I can see in your photo I will only be making a guess, Tiger Snapping Shrimp (Alpheus bellulus). A BIG guess. Because there are more than 620 species distributed among 45 genera. Alpheus is a genus of snapping shrimp that is known to have relationships with fish, but not the only one. This shrimp sorta matches your photo. But, I am unable to give positive ID b/c I need to see the other body parts of your shrimp.