Photos- sRGB vs. aRGB

ReefLady

Staff member
Just a little test...

3clownclam2.jpg

3clownclam.jpg

ReefLady

Staff member
OK guys, these pics were all uploaded last night but I mistakenly left them in the AdobeRGB color profile. After noticing the colors looked washed out, I decided to convert a few of them to sRGB and do a side-by-side.

Quite a difference, eh?

No other editing was done- they both look exactly the same in photoshop as a matter of fact. I simply opened the ARGB versions, converted to SRGB and uploaded with a different name.

sRGB versions are the first of each set of two photos.

So, unless I'm completely color blind, remember... sRGB for the web. Adobe RGB for printing!!!!!

:)

T

Did some adjusting in Photoshop to see what you were talking about. The difference on my monitor is very different from photo to photo.
You can also link the photo with what type of RGB you are wanting for it.. I did see some where on the web where you can download different RGB's but don't remember if I like those and it was on PS6 software.
Wow it does make a difference. :D

ReefLady

Staff member
EK you'll only notice it when viewing the pics online, not in Photoshop or any other software from your hard drive. It's because most browsers aren't compatible with sRGB.

T

EK...I noticed a difference when changing but I may have also used color match RBG and or changed the color management policies.

ReefLady

Staff member
:( ???

Looks like an elobarate scheme to get your stuff printed on Fuji paper.

After reading all about it, I'm still not sure what good that software does.