Pederson Shrimp Fish Cleaning?

StuartMoose

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum, so we will see how this goes. I am a graduate student at Auburn University and my research is focusing on the cleaning behavior of the Pederson Shrimp (Ancylomenes pedersoni) and the Caribbean spotted cleaner shrimp (Periclimenes yucatanicus). To do my research, I need fishes that will actually interact with the shrimps and allow themselves to be cleaned. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with fishes like this that were relatively easy to take care of and would behave normally if they were in a tank by themselves. Thanks for your help!

Mark

olgalit

well i do not know which fish it should be but it probably needs to wild cought so they will be familiar allready with such shrimps. I had a skunk cleaning shrim and the only fish that let him clean themself was chromis, and damsel fish
(it was domino damsel fish and yellow damsel fish) but you should be carefull if u decide to get some of them they usually teritory agressive though i was lucky enough to have damsels together without fighting

sirrealism

Welcome to RS. Lots of great people here to help you out. As far as what fish I have seen tangs being cleaned by shrimp. My suggestion is to get fish that are from the same area as the shrimp. I would think that would give you a better chance of the fish knowing what the shrimp is for.

Oxylebius

+1 to Sirrealism

I've had Blenniella chrysospilos, Ecsenius stigmatura and Centropyge bispinosa allow my cleaner shrimps (Lysmata amboinensis)to clean them. But, I think it is hit and miss with most fish.

Here is a pic of my beauty getting cleaned.