PDF Manual for the Ecotech Radion XR30W is up

steved13

PREMIUM
That is one slick light!!! Very pricey though. I like the way they'll interface with the Vortech's directly. I've kind of done that with my Apex, but pretty sweet that they'll do it themselves. You have to like the "natural setting" where it simulates the lighting on a real reef.

Thanks for the link, Tom.

tnwillia

Hey Steve, "Natural setting" is what caught my eye. I'll probably still get the AI Sol but I'm still debating on this light based on the wireless control with the pumps. Going to Apex with the Sol or getting this makes the cost a lot less. Thanks!

steved13

PREMIUM
Yeah, with the price drop on the Sols these are double, but they're pretty nice. I'd like to find out how they link with the Vortechs IE: what does everything end up doing?

tnwillia

What i've read other places they have the same little wireless module the pumps have. Not found anything yet on the software but looking !

steved13

PREMIUM
I figured that was all the same, But when you link them what happens...I figure you probably pick a mode for the pumps and it varies the intensity with the lights, I like the ability to switch modes as well as intensity with the Apex. Maybe you can do that with the echosmart controller on the lights?

Brando457

It allows you to create a storm mode with the lights and vortechs causing a wave.

Also you can mount the vortech controllers under the stand and put them in feed mode via the light or adjust their settings via the software.

tnwillia

I can't find anything saying yes. It would be up to Apex to pick up the control function and run with it. I think they do the 3 channels for the AI Sol, will they rework for five cahnnel Radions? As for DA, They say they have no interest going past 2 channel for the AI Sol so I can't see them even looking at the Radion. With the USB ability into my computer I really don't see the need for the controller once I get them set up and Light control will be one more thing to drop off my DA RKE. Good luck!

PIMPALA

LFS here has sold several of them, and had them on demo at the store for a few weeks. pretty cool lights! I got to mess around with them a few times. the lightning mode is a cool gimmick, but i'd never do that to my fish. maybe once a year when showing off for a crowd of people. maybe. but other than that, that mode seems silly.

as for the rest of it... they are VERY well built, and are pretty bright. the color customization is really really nice, and no need for a controller, when you just run a USB to your computer and set it all up.

the only thing i dont like about them, is the 3 "touch" buttons on the actual unit. unless its hooked up to a computer, they are VERY difficult to use and set up.

that being said, if they were $400 a unit, instead of $750, i'd probably own a set of 4 right now.

tnwillia

+1 ^ with Jason, I don't like the 3 button Idea but I'm running a USB to my computer anyway so I have no plans to use them short of last resort. I never saw a reason for the Storm/Lightening mode either, I have that in my DA controller tried it once and never used it after seeing what it did. On the price, I figured following the pump prices, this is not going to go down any time soon. With the wireless control abilities with the pumps and battery back-up they will be unique for a while. Mine are in I just didn't pick them up Friday cause I have other things that won't be in till this week but I'll have mine this week some time then the fun begins!