Pancho75

Man! Sorry for your loss, Pancho. Those guys really like to jump. Time for a custom net topper?
Actually that is not a bad idea. I haven’t thought about it, thanks for the tip. I bought a new net with a small grid to avoid the OSG and Watchman to jump but this could be the way forward. The lights rack would be the challenge, I’ll look at it over the weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Pancho75

Masstick is on the way, the CBB Is gaining weight but not yet eating my food

In the other hand, I got a bad stye in my left eye and developed a cyst. The ophthalmologist had to do a small and quick surgery to remove it. I look like a fish with a popped eye.B99A2235-7D70-4862-8B3C-5AEC78C40A5A.jpeg

Pancho75

Complicated Day.

Day 2 with Masstick and the CBB just passes by without paying any attention to eat. Today I expend an hour in front of the glass making sure the other fish do not eat it. I fed them clam first to reduce their appetite but the CBB passed 5 times at least without eating it.

Also the CBB has developed some with dots in her fins, it doesn’t seem to be bothered. He swims normally keeps picking everywhere and it is getting fat. I may be trying too hard. :rocket:

To make matters worst my Apex lost connection to Fusion and I cannot reconnect it. I reset the Apex, re-installed Fusion but nothing. I have heard users have been having issues with the latest update from Neptune. I opened a ticket with Neptune, I can only wait now. :sleeeeeepyyyyy:

Reactions: SPR

Pancho75

I tried the Masstick a couple of years ago, and the fish didn't seem impressed with it at all.
To be honest I am not impressed at all, the CBB is passing by it and not eating it. He is getting fat but not because of my food!! He is only eating pods so I am may instead continue the pod seeding in my refugium.

Pancho75

Neptune was quick to replay and I got an alternative way to reconnect my Apex to Fusion so my system is up again.

The CBB continues to ignore the Masstick even in the rocks. So far Masstick has been a feast for all the other fish. He is getting fatter eating microfauna. So I will re-start seeding pods in my refugium.

Blue Space

I hope you're feeling better after surgery. Stye near the eye is dangerous so it's a good thing you did what lots of "big- tough guys" don't do -which is to visit the doctor.

For the net topper, what's the dimmensions for your tank? Would any of these work? There's a cool feeding port too for like 20 bucks.

Good idea to start seeding the population for your pods, as those CBB can be very tough customers.

Blue Space

Complicated Day...
"To make matters worst my Apex lost connection to Fusion and I cannot reconnect it. I reset the Apex, re-installed Fusion but nothing. I have heard users have been having issues with the latest update from Neptune. I opened a ticket with Neptune, I can only wait now. :sleeeeeepyyyyy:".
I've opened tickets with these guys before. Hope you get help soon. My apex (along with all of the other modules and sensors!!) has been sitting in a box for about 5 years now... :)

nuff said.

Brandyn2

Masstick is very cute

index.php

employee monitoring software

Pancho75

It has been awhile since the last update.

I been having a ton of work, I took a new position in my office and the tank suffered it. My CCB couldn’t make it, I tried all kinds of food, bummer. The. I had an alkalinity swing and lost lots of corals. :mad:

For the last month, I have tried to come back to my husbandry and it seems the tank is stable again. Finally after all these months of struggles, I decided to tank another leap with a fish and it is now eating pellets and also frozen clam slices. ;)5BE67A4D-FF57-465C-B280-39F52CA0FA2E.jpeg

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Beautiful fish! Sorry to hear about the tank swings but it happens to the best of us. I just found super low MG on my fresh mixed water that was causing problems. But fixed now :)

Pancho75

Beautiful fish! Sorry to hear about the tank swings but it happens to the best of us. I just found super low MG on my fresh mixed water that was causing problems. But fixed now :)
I hear you! Low Mg was one of the things I had to battle for the last couple of months, but trying to stay positive. :clink:

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Two 50g IO bags were terribly low, 750 ish, but just did another batch from the bucket of IO and it’s 1300 and the water mixed much better. Go figure

Pancho75

During the past couple of months I also introduced a diamond goby and a watchman goby. The idea was to keep the substrate clean. However they went to live together with the pistol shrimp I bought about two years ago, it seems they were having a love triangle…. lol

I suspect the shrimp hunted some of my fish, since I lost a puffer and a couple of firefish. So I asked my friend from the LFS to help me to capture the shrimp and we found this monster. 76C186B4-A4EA-4177-B39E-36EA56B3E845.jpegD0E804F0-65AB-42FD-ADCD-0C28DA0E10D9.jpeg
He grew so much and of course it was more than capable to hunt some fish. I miss his pistol’s clicks but he had to go. He is now waiting for a new home in the LFS.

Blue Space

We're so glad to see you back here I'm raising a glass of tequila in you honor right now!

:pint:

Glad you finally got that fish killing monster out of your tank! :) Very cool specimen though! Show me a picture of your trap, please.

Last edited: