Pancho75

Queen concert tickets got available today.... at $600 usd each. I prefer to buy corals. [emoji1787]

Plan B was to visit Tokyo Skytree tower, the tallest tower in Japan with two of my colleagues.
674b3479f567a857947f1e43ad2888d7.jpg
eaffae282339193646aa34ad6fe09374.jpg
accafc4ff6ed1dfd09909afc5b9030cb.jpg
6ec88ee1b4aaa726b8bf1040a30691bf.jpg

Pancho75

Well this kind of sucks, glucose is through the roof, fat in the liver, heart doing an extra beat and acid reflex. Got to lose 20 pounds in one year, eat healthy, exercise and avoid alcohol for a while.... ;Eggonface

Anyway, I am not sad or mad I need to behave from now on.

Reactions: SPR

Nobbygas

Well this kind of sucks, glucose is through the roof, fat in the liver, heart doing an extra beat and acid reflex. Got to lose 20 pounds in one year, eat healthy, exercise and avoid alcohol for a while.... ;Eggonface

Anyway, I am not sad or mad I need to behave from now on.
I've taken up cycling in the last nine months. So far I have covered approx. 2000km (1200 miles), lost 10Kg in weight, reduced my heart rate (at rest) to around 64bpm and I'm fitter now than I've ever been since my heart attack which was nearly six years ago.....and I don't really eat healthy, and I still like a drop of alcohol in moderation.
The secret is a simple diet. It's called "eat and move". Eat what you want as long as you do the required exercise. You can do it.

Pancho75

I've taken up cycling in the last nine months. So far I have covered approx. 2000km (1200 miles), lost 10Kg in weight, reduced my heart rate (at rest) to around 64bpm and I'm fitter now than I've ever been since my heart attack which was nearly six years ago.....and I don't really eat healthy, and I still like a drop of alcohol in moderation.
The secret is a simple diet. It's called "eat and move". Eat what you want as long as you do the required exercise. You can do it.
Yes, you are right. It’s just that I love to eat, I guess I am officially old.

Nobbygas

"eat and move", is the best diet there is. Eat whatever you want, but move as well. Don't take the lift to go up two floors in work, walk up the steps instead. The same in shops, don't use the escalators.
When you park at the shopping mall, always park the furthest from the entrance and then walk. Don't spend time finding the closest parking space to the entrance.
Activate the steps feature on your phone/watch and set yourself a minimum of 10,000 steps per day.

It can be done.

Pancho75

Good evening reefers, I am back in the US and a little overwhelm by the workload. While in Japan I met with people that were in China a week earlier and then whole Coronavirus exploded. o_O

I am ok and also my colleagues, I guess TV paranoia. On the positive side, I ordered the Sicce SDC 9.0 to introduce reef crest wave simulations. I will travel to Mexico in 10 days so I will take it down with me. The new blue tang is eating like a pig and behaving.

My reef seems to be ok but I have a sad news to report, my CBB went missing 4 days ago and yesterday the NO3 landed in 20 and the PO4 in 0.5, clearly indicating he died. I am not sure what to do at this point if I should put my CBB idea to rest or if I should try again.

Nobbygas

It looks good. I'm interested to see how you get on with replacing the three circulation pumps with this baby! It is giving me ideas to replace my four with two similar pumps.

Pancho75

Yes, I am now trying to find spares hose and fittings to keep the current one as back ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SPR

Pancho75

The LFS received new fish..... and I could not resist, so now I have stripe blenny, a female red rubby dragonette, a neon dottyback and a new cleaner wrasse. They are all good looking fish.

I am going to Mexico next week and hope to have time to get some pics.

rustyreefer

Pancho,
Couple questions. I remember reading in your thread a while back about some tips you put on your pump outlets. What were those called again? And did you like them?

I am not super happy with the flow that the 4 circulation pumps and the main pump create in my RSM650. They all work great but just create too much flow at full blast. I have had to turn the 4 circulation pumps all the way down so that I don't beat my hammers and torches to the point of them not wanting to fully open. I am still using all the stock pumps and have been thinking about changing out the return pump to something controllable.

Thanks in advance!

Pancho75

Pancho,
Couple questions. I remember reading in your thread a while back about some tips you put on your pump outlets. What were those called again? And did you like them?

I am not super happy with the flow that the 4 circulation pumps and the main pump create in my RSM650. They all work great but just create too much flow at full blast. I have had to turn the 4 circulation pumps all the way down so that I don't beat my hammers and torches to the point of them not wanting to fully open. I am still using all the stock pumps and have been thinking about changing out the return pump to something controllable.

Thanks in advance!
Hello Rusty,

Sorry I am traveling this week, I have not installed the random flow nozzles. I decided to change the 3 circulation pumps for one powerful Sicce SDC 9.0 that is controllable and can simulate the reef crest flow. I hope to have it installed in a couple of weeks.

I changed my return pump by a Neptune COR20 and I am very happy, the pump is dead silent and doing a great job. You can explore other options too like the Vectra or Current USA but I chose the COR20 to be fully compatible with my Apex.

rustyreefer

Hello Rusty,

Sorry I am traveling this week, I have not installed the random flow nozzles. I decided to change the 3 circulation pumps for one powerful Sicce SDC 9.0 that is controllable and can simulate the reef crest flow. I hope to have it installed in a couple of weeks.

I changed my return pump by a Neptune COR20 and I am very happy, the pump is dead silent and doing a great job. You can explore other options too like the Vectra or Current USA but I chose the COR20 to be fully compatible with my Apex.
Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking of a cor20 as for the return too.
Was hoping to not replace the 4 circulation pumps but in the long run I may have to consider it as I do like the idea of controlling the flow pattern better. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk