Pancho75

Well, I have been checking pics in internet.... It seems my vents are inverted! lol

I cannot remember if I assembles them wrong or if they came already mounted.

But I like it better! I like the fact that I do not see the vents grill and at the end they are doing their job of keeping tank inhabitants inside the DT.

SPR

Well, I have been checking pics in internet.... It seems my vents are inverted! lol

I cannot remember if I assembles them wrong or if they came already mounted.

But I like it better! I like the fact that I do not see the vents grill and at the end they are doing their job of keeping tank inhabitants inside the DT.
It last!!!! Lol

What have I been telling you Pancho!

You might like them but I can guarantee there going to be a PITA when you try and clear out that Coraline algae out of the front bit if you can!! But I appreciate you may like to be a little different or special! Lol

Pancho75

Today I had ro clean dinos..... argh!

Anyway, that made me think about the light settings. What light settings are you guys using on your AI Hydra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

I was using the standard Red Sea settings, but I have recently switched over to something else. The reason I switched over was because I felt that the Red Sea settings were a bit too 'harsh'. I have no scientific data to back this up. It was just a gut feeling from looking at the tank.
I did once try the Saxby settings, but I felt that these were just unique settings for a unique tank.
The ones I use have been formulated by a guy called Liam Lovett, who has an S-650 and he has spent a lot of time adjusting/fiddling/playing with the light parameters. His tank looks very good, so I thought I'd give his settings a try. They do tend to bring out the colours more than the Red Sea settings, in my humble opinion.

Pancho75

I also started using the Red Sea settings for 9 months. But I found them to be to harsh with my LPS. My duncan lost its green in the branches, the GSP stop growing as well as the frogspawn. Also bleached a large digitata and the chilli pepper monti grew colorless.

About a month ago I switched to profile developed based on Coral Lab study by WWC and Ecotech. Here is the link to the study:

https://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/ReefWholesale_CoralLab.pdf

The profile was made by Orcus Varuna from RC, he truly seems to be an expert in lighting. Now I can see the colors back in the duncan and the chilli pepper monti. The GSP started to grow as well as the frogspawn. I like the fact that one the profile simulates the clouds “respirations”. Here are the profiles (I am using the SPS AB+ w/respirations):

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZdidaM1bosnUqv21g

Here is a snapshot of myAI settings:

becec8c70fbf53f0f720f6439bade2dc.jpg

@Nobbygas I wonder what settings are better!

Reactions: SPR

Nobbygas

I think the best settings are any that you personally are happy with! Once again with this hobby, there are a multitude of settings out there. Many many people, who are far more intelligent than me, have devised totally different settings, and they all want to achieve the same result. Once again, there are so many variables involved. Tank location ie. does it receive any natural light, amount of corals, height of lights from the water surface etc etc.

Pat24601

I think the best settings are any that you personally are happy with! Once again with this hobby, there are a multitude of settings out there. Many many people, who are far more intelligent than me, have devised totally different settings, and they all want to achieve the same result. Once again, there are so many variables involved. Tank location ie. does it receive any natural light, amount of corals, height of lights from the water surface etc etc.

So much this!!!

Pancho75

So the company I work for asked me to take a 2 years foreign assignment.... it complicates everything with my tank.

I will do not move the tank for a two year period, it is too much hassle for only 24 months keeping in mind that it may be running 20 or 22 months without counting all the effort to keep things in the right balance. Then I would have to sell or give away all the life stock, my kids would kill me and start form zero two times, in the way out and in the way in. As this is the second time this happens I chose not to move the tank.

Decision: the tank will stay in place and I will pay my LFS friend to visit it 3 times per week to take care of it. I will come home once a month for a week, it really bothers me not be able to see the tank in 3 weeks but I guess it is better than nothing. [emoji853]

Pat24601

That’s brutal. I’m glad you have options with the tank, I guess, though. I’d have to tear it down for sure

Reactions: SPR

discol76

So the company I work for asked me to take a 2 years foreign assignment.... it complicates everything with my tank.

I will do not move the tank for a two year period, it is too much hassle for only 24 months keeping in mind that it may be running 20 or 22 months without counting all the effort to keep things in the right balance. Then I would have to sell or give away all the life stock, my kids would kill me and start form zero two times, in the way out and in the way in. As this is the second time this happens I chose not to move the tank.

Decision: the tank will stay in place and I will pay my LFS friend to visit it 3 times per week to take care of it. I will come home once a month for a week, it really bothers me not be able to see the tank in 3 weeks but I guess it is better than nothing. [emoji853]

Think you have made the correct decision. You would have ended up having to buy all the stuff again. Hopefully it all goes well

Pancho75

Yesterday I went to the LFS for my second try for a diamond goby.... not good, two gobies arrived but none survived two days.

As the trip was already made I picked up a Coral Beauty Angel I hope he will behave as good as my pygmy angels.

As I red some weather issues in other sides of the world, I want to share with you that today was perfect sunny day (28 C / 82 F) on this latitude, took advantage of it and went to the zoo with the whole family.
83ba33ed3cadd304c811fb3a01534010.jpg

Pat24601

Yesterday I went to the LFS for my second try for a diamond goby.... not good, two gobies arrived but none survived two days.

As the trip was already made I picked up a Coral Beauty Angel I hope he will behave as good as my pygmy angels.

As I red some weather issues in other sides of the world, I want to share with you that today was perfect sunny day (28 C / 82 F) on this latitude, took advantage of it and went to the zoo with the whole family.
83ba33ed3cadd304c811fb3a01534010.jpg

Awesome. Gorgeous day here too. I actually wanted to go to the zoo, but my kids just wanted to play with their trucks outside. They spent a lot of time running this week and I think they were done.

Great looking Flamingos!

SPR

Awesome. Gorgeous day here too. I actually wanted to go to the zoo, but my kids just wanted to play with their trucks outside. They spent a lot of time running this week and I think they were done.

Great looking Flamingos!
Well it’s horrible here! Lol

It’s 6 inch deep in snow and -10c! Flipping English spring time.....

Infact I’m now so bored I’m going to play with my fish again, and even their sick of the sight of me! Lol