Over Flow Issues

deaclauderdale

So the water in my overflow keeps rising and falling, I've tried adjusting the airline (removed it completely), and I can't get a steady water level. Running an Ehiem 1260 on my 90 Gallon cube.

glampka

I had that problem on my 45 cube. Check your drain line. It might be building up an air pocket which will cause the water level to rise. When the pocket breaks, the water fills the drain line & water level drops. If you have a flexible line move it around until you get a constant flow.

deaclauderdale

I had that problem on my 45 cube. Check your drain line. It might be building up an air pocket which will cause the water level to rise. When the pocket breaks, the water fills the drain line & water level drops. If you have a flexible line move it around until you get a constant flow.

I'll give it a shot, and if I can't get things just right, I'll add a airflow control valve to allow for better fine tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

softreef

The two key factors in eliminating excess noise from the over flow are; 1. the proper return pump to match up with over flow rate and 2. the hole in the top of the Durso. Matching the return pump flow rate to the overflow rate, via a ball/gate valve if needed eliminates the swooshing/gurgling as there is no "catch up" of the over flow and the hole in the top of the duso aid this action by allowing the water to flow freely. Some will drill the top hole a little larger to accommodate a threaded valve to be installed so they can fine tune the amount of air being drawn in. I wrote this in response to the flushing we get in the overflow, however, your situation seems the same so I posted it here.