ohiojeff's fluval edge

ohiojeff

day 1, some live rock robbed from my 75, and the fluval that got me back into aquariums is up and running once more. I have seen some really fantastic nano reefs. Now I am going to try one of my own...

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/9u7f.jpg/]
9u7f.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ohiojeff

I want to do zoas. mainly. maybe a small leather of some sort for some movement. then I want a pair of pipefish and a couple sexy shrimp. I cant have those in my main tank so a nano seems like maybe I could. I know the pipefish are hard, but I am very experienced and hope I can pull it off.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Looks pretty cool! I want to get one and plumb it into my main tank. Would love to do some macro and seahorses!

ohiojeff

I thought about a pair of the dwarf seahorses. since they need their own space a nano seems ideal if you can keep it stabile enough. that is my main concern with such a small size.

ohiojeff

I have a led pad light by current and I have swapped the halogens the fluval comes with for a pair of blue m10 led lamps. this is my first stab at the led thing so will have to play around with them I think.

ohiojeff

well, I have to change gears a bit here. I always wanted to do the fluval, but I have to manage my energies here. for a couple of years now, I have had this idea of selling an all in one system with everything to keep a reef. I am putting together a prototype tank. it is coming together.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Willie McDaries

looks great, I started to make my plywood tank an all-in-one but I would have had to tear out a wall to get it in my house, I like the idea, this is gonna be an interesting build for sure