noone told me buying a house was this stressful!!!

mnreefman

so me and the fiancee have been looking for a houses here the past 2 months... noone ever told me that it would suck this much... we think we finally found one and made a offer on sat.... hopefully we will hear by wed if they accept or decline. anyway.... talk about stress.....

Gina

RS STAFF
Agreed!! Just signing at closing is enough to make you think.....what have we done!! But, it's all good!!

johnlewis

The only thing bad for me was the offers that were not accepted because people offered more than the asking price. Now you want to talk difficult try having a home built and picking out every detail, colors, carpet, tile, fixtures, lights etc. You need to know when to stand your ground and when to surrender.

mnreefman

well our inital offer was politley refused today... which doesnt supprise me. it was origonally listed at 170k, its now listed at 164,900, we offered 157900 and they pay closing costs :) . my fiancee comes for a line of hagglers so i wasnt supprised when that number poped out... they countered with 164,900 and they pay closeing costs... so i hafa admit they mde the first consession with agreeing to pay thoses... i think well counter with a 160500 and have them pay closing costs... anyway... this is truley a game and i HATE it...
lol i like my seller posistion (job) alot better than the buyer...

reef fanatic

Just be glad you have the position to haggle mn, when I bought our house here in D.C. area 3-4 years ago you better have offered more than the ask price or 3 other people beat you to it. And also if your realtor didn't show you the house the day it listed, it was already sold. It was definitely a SELLER's market, seems to be going back towards medium , just a bit though.

Brucey

FFrankie said:
ok. Im not going to post to this one. good luck!

I think you just did. hee hee :turntable

Yep, dunno what the laws around buying a house in the US are like but in the UK they suck. Me and Lou went through a nightmare to get this placed and I vowed not to move again for 25 years when i retire . . . . .esp as I have my aquarium room now. :) Basically, in the UK, you can place an offer on a house and have it accepted. You then pay the land searches, solicitors, estate agents eyc etc which can lead into several thousand pounds, pack all your belongings into a removal van, and the people your buying from can pull out of the sale right up to the day of the move and your stuck with all the costs. Only when the solicitors exchange contracts and house keys are you guarenteed of owning the house. The law is a pile of cr@p.

Anyway, we got here in the end
Brucey