Nobby's S-650

SPR

Unfortunately the time has come to sell my system. I am moving back to the UK (South Wales) in a few months time. To move the whole system, fish and corals would be a massive effort, and I don't really want to do that. So, I will sell it and hopefully when I have settled into my new place I will start a new tank.
I suppose the time comes for things like this, for many people. Let us know how it all goes and keep in touch.

Its been an amazing journey!

Nobbygas

Oh the pain. I've started selling off bits from the tank. My Australian Gold Torch and beautiful Elegance went for 650 euro. Far below the real value, but it's what I have to do. I was almost in tears. The whole tank, including fish, rocks, equipment etc is on sale for 1,500 euro. I only have a few weeks to sell it off, hence the low price. This is heartbreaking.

Reactions: SPR

Nobbygas

Tomorrow it looks like all the fish and the last of the corals will be gone. I then need to clean and empty the tank.
I do have somebody interested in just the tank and equipment.

Nobbygas

I have just the one day respite. Tomorrow the tank will be switched off, the fish sold, and the cheaper corals will have to be binned. To catch the fish means removing all the rock as well as most of the water too. I am running out of time to sell everything so the fish have gone pretty cheaply, but at least I know they have gone to a good home as the guy buying them has a 2 meter tank and he needs a lot more fish.

SPR

If you get chance, get a picture of empty, to sort of end the adventure, or do you think that would be very sad ?

Its good to know all the fish have gone to good homes

Nobbygas

I did take a picture of the tank last night, but it'll be too painful to put it on here. I'm really devastated as to what has happened.

Look on the bright side. I will be able to take a day trip and pop up to see The Beast in the Summer :celebrate:
I shall be moving to South Wales, just across the Bristol Channel from Bristol.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Man taking down the tank is def a tough day but moving with one is even tougher!

hopefully the new one will be epic