Nicks RSM 250 (sorta)

NicksReefTank

Hello all,

I've had my reef tank for about 4 years now! About 6 months ago I had a mysterious sps crash and lost all my beautiful colonies. So still rebuilding!

My RSM 250 only has a couple of original parts, the glass frame and the skimmer. I made it rimless, added radions with the tank mounting system, added a couple of MP40s and a filter sock.

I'll get some pictures up later on :) in the mean time if anyone has questions feel free to ask!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Nick :wave:
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Hope you find it fun and informative enough to stick around and share your tank progress with us. :)
:camera:We L:heart:VE PIctures....Please share some!
Very BEST WISHES....:cruiser:

Last edited:

Big Pete

Hi Nicksreeftank, i am with you, exactly the same mods, Rimless,Ecotech Radions.

Are you running 4 XR15's, that must give off some light, i an running two and its great.

Can i ask where did you put the filter sock

NicksReefTank

Hi Nicksreeftank, i am with you, exactly the same mods, Rimless,Ecotech Radions.

Are you running 4 XR15's, that must give off some light, i an running two and its great.

Can i ask where did you put the filter sock
Good to hear someone else has done the same thing!

As far as the radions, they are XR30s. Was thinking of switching to 3 xr15s though.

The way I have the filter sock set up is in the farthest left chamber. I have a tunze quiet pump that sucks water from the area next to the skimmer and shoots it over to the sock. I also run the filter floss 24/7 as well.

I don't use any chemical filtration except for LC in my auto top off that goes straight into my filter sock.

Hope that helps, I'll grab some pics tomorrow for you

Big Pete

thanks for the pic of the filter sock, a picture paints a thousand words, would you be so kind as to post some pics of your tank in daylight please.

cheers

Big Pete

NicksReefTank

The sock works a million times better than the filter floss ever did. Water is always clear, nitrates are always low, it makes cleaning the tank a lot easier.

Once a week I crank my vortechs to 100 percent nutrient transport and let it clean off the rocks. I'll turn off the right chamber return pump so the water strictly goes through sock. I have zero detritus in the rear and you'd be amazed at how much more efficient my skimmer has gotten.